• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

good air cleaner under stock hood?

G

who makes a good air cleaner that will fit under my bronco hood ?:?

jackteri1

Loc.
Yucca Valley, Ca
I'm running a 351w with a carter 4 barrel and ebelbrock manifold and was able to put a k&n filter on my 74 fits fine. Sorry I don't have parts nr, but bought it at autozone. Hope this helps.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Check summit racing for a K&N filter. You could top it off with a new K&N extreme top for even more air flow.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
::) ::) ::) I use a 2"x14" K&N on my 351W with 625 carter works good . ::) ::) ::) Bill 8) ::) :p

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If it's real tight edelbrock makes those little triangle shaped air cleaners that are only $15. I picked one up for our 66 with 351w.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Stay away from foam filters ... they are even more restrictive than paper filters. As air flow (RPM) increases, the "foam cells" actually compress and close-up restricting the flow of air. K&N is the only way to go, period.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AMEN! Just make sure you get the air cleaner with the "drop base".

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
A drop base with a 2" K&N filter will do it. Most auto places sell them.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
measure the inside and outside diameter and the height of your stock air filter and then go Here and find out which K&N you need.

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
[quote author=dpm77 link=board=5;threadid=9948;start=0#73503 date=1034620723]<br>Does K&N make a stock size replacement, one that would simply replace the fram over my 302 in the oem cleaner case?<br>[/quote]<br><br>They do, the PO installed one in mine.<br><br>Check this out:<br><br>http://www.knfilters.com/appinq.htm<br><br>Jerry<br>

randall

just duct tape a pillow case over the carb, and spray it with some wd40 to catch more dirt :)