• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good doner vehicle?

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
I have come a cross an 86 ford 3/4 ton 4x4. I know it has a 351, but other than that I am not sure how to tell what it has. It looks like it might have a dana 60 in the rear, but the front axle confused me. Is there a dana 50 with indpendent suspension? I tried to look around google but could not find any good pics. I would also like to know what kind of manual trasmision and tranfer case it might have. If I have the vin number will it tell me these things? What is the best why to find out what it has if you don't know by looking and the owner does not either.

If it is a dana 50 ifs are those good for anything?

OP
OP
Jfly13

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
It is 4x4. It is a manual transmission. Any ideas what might have come stock in this or a website that would show me?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
diameter of the hubs is usually a good indicator. Could be a dana 44 if it has the small Bronco type hubs, if it has the 4600 lb front end or 5" diam. hubs it will be the dana 50. Syncro first gear? I'm thinking either a New Process 435 or if non syncro Borg Warner T18.

Mudman78

Loc.
Lyndhurst
Depending on GVWR it could have a D44TTB front or a D50TTB front. The only parts worth anything on a D50 are the hubs/rotors, calipers & lockouts. They are the same as a D60. The rear is a Ford/Sterling 10.25 The trans is most likely an NP435 and the t-case is a BW1356.