• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good insurance news? Early Christmas present

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As an insurance adjuster I would say that I hope you are repeating coverage information that you read in the ACTUAL FULL POLICY and not anything that was told to you by an agent. Most of the claims I adjust are big surprises to the insured when they find out that the policy says something completely different than the agent or CSR told them when they bound it. All classic policies will have restrictions-mileage, garage requirement, insured's age.

Blue book values are way up for Bronco's. So I've got that going for me, which is nice

I will be going through the fine print when it shows up.;) My agent has been my agent for 23 years..know him very well and he knows I'm anal about my insurance coverage. It is not 'classic car insurance' I'm talking about here..if it was I wouldn't have anything to do with it for the particular vehicles in question because I use them often and will continue to do so. We can 'cheat the system' very easily here in MD..we have both 'Hot Rod' and "Antique" no-questions-asked no-inspection registration options here. I have none of those either..standard full registration only.

Bronco Biff

Contributor
I think there is another factor here, too. I've had allstate for 20 + years. They were great with a good agent that looked out for you. Mine sold all his policies and moved to Fla to do an A/C business with his dad because they were tightening up the screws on all his good clients. He aplologized to me, gave best wishes for the new agent, who more or less is just there with his hand out, not interested in saving me a dime, just in making him a buck!! Had to argue about him adding 7500 annual mile surcharge to all 6 of my vehicles with two drivers. We don't put 7500 miles annually on the Daily Drivers!

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Quick Update. The policy finally arrived in the mail and I compared it to the one I had originally..the one the rest of my less-than-30-year-old vehicles are still on. Friggin identical..I could could find not one clause or paragraph that differed. It is what it was advertised to be..cheaper but same insurance for older vehicles.

Got a nice refund check too.;D

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm , I'll have to look into this here. Currently , I cancel the insurance during winter months to save a little. But , it is a PIA , kinda , to start and stop a couple of times a year.

jdcone

Loc.
riverside, ca
Things must vary incredibly from state to state. Just this morning I called AAA and asked about classic car insurance since I am just about finished restoring my '65 Mustang. They told me they don't insure classic cars for anything more than book value. They told me that even if an appraiser valued it at $40,000 but their "gold book" valued it at $15,000 they would only insure it for $15,000.

My 54 Chevy is no where near stock, and it's little more rare than a Mustang. You should try talking to a different agent. I had to wait until I was finished building the 54 before they would send an apprairer to look at it. I had to show him reciepts for everything, including the HP rating of the motor. Right now the Bronco is in that "wait til it's done" stage, so if something happened to it, I probably wouldn't get what I thought it was worth.

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
When I lived in FL I had a 0 deductible full coverage policy on my EB from Allstate and when I moved to SC 6 yrs ago the only thing that changed was the law here would not let me have a 0 deductible policy so now I have a 500 ded full coverage policy for $176 every 6 months.

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
This is on the top of my to do list today. Call Allstate, see if they can save me some money. I have 3 ebs,van,& pickup all I do is pay the insurance guy. Thanks Bill.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Exactly..and that is not what this new Allstate 'older vehicle' coverage is..not even close. Zero restrictions and same level of coverage I've always had. Heck, I have had antique/collectable insurance on various antique vehicles since 1976 and registration the same. Big difference. I keep regular-use tags and insurance on my EBs because a) I do drive them anytime I feel like it and b) I know first hand what it means to either be under-insured on in violation of the policy restrictions should you be involved in an accident.

1. You have liability only?

2. Are those rates only if you have apolicy with them already (multi-car discount, etc...)?f

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
I feel like my current insurance guy is blackmailing me in the summertime. Im not sure what he has on me.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1. You have liability only?

2. Are those rates only if you have apolicy with them already (multi-car discount, etc...)?f

Sorry Ox..missed yr questions til now.

1. Yes, I have liability only but very high limits on same. Neither rig is a 'show' rig by any means and, especially for the EB, sorting out what was damaged in a wreck from what is already smashed up from trees and rocks would be kinda tuff;D However, I could add comp if I wanted to, no problem. As soon as Filly's new EB show rig has to be insured, I'll be looking for full coverage on that one.

2. Good question..I have 6 vehicles on Allstate and alos have Allstate for my HO and flood coverage...I know that does get me some kind of discount too.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Sorry Ox..missed yr questions til now.

1. Yes, I have liability only but very high limits on same. Neither rig is a 'show' rig by any means and, especially for the EB, sorting out what was damaged in a wreck from what is already smashed up from trees and rocks would be kinda tuff;D However, I could add comp if I wanted to, no problem. As soon as Filly's new EB show rig has to be insured, I'll be looking for full coverage on that one.

2. Good question..I have 6 vehicles on Allstate and alos have Allstate for my HO and flood coverage...I know that does get me some kind of discount too.

I know AIG will do liability only on old broncs.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Just switched to Liberty Mutual. They are insuring my 70 for $543 a year, which includes the same high liability I have on my other cars and 150$ comprehensive (I opted for no collision). There are no restrictions.

According to the policy, payout if stolen or total loss would be actual cash value minus deductable. They won't (or can't) give me a payout value now, which I'm not crazy about. They claim they use kelly blue book (which has no classic section I know of), so I looked under nadaclassic.com and even low value there is $8150. I'm happy with that number with the current state of my bronc (and my reciept total).

They also claim I can put it on "storage insurance", which would be comprehensive only in the winter if I like, to save couple bucks.

Best part is I can take it down the the beach, go to dinner or a walk on the boardwalk and at least get something, god forbid it's gone when I get back. Collector policies are a hassle since I am rarely driving around going nowhere.

Last edited: