• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good manuals and books

USMC-72BRONCO

Loc.
Oceanside
Hey all

Looking to find the best books and manuals to buy i am gonna get started putting my bronco back together. My father tore it apart and i'm not really sure exactly where everything is gonna need to go so i want as much reference as possible. Also if anyone knows of anybody that is in the San Diego or Oceanside area that is willing to teach me some things about broncos would be appreciated. Was a diesel mechanic for several years but this will my first project vehicle. Thanks in advance everything and anything helps

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Original factory shop manuals are the best. Here's some in my collection. Only a couple more years to make a complete set. Most contain the same info, but I collect Bronco sales and tech literature too. I keep another 76 set in the shop as my go to working set.

Another piece that can be handy is the Jim Osborne book with reproductions of factory assembly drawings.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Photo did not attach in the last reply
15f67ff0530e39c339b3274e2fffa242.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Broncitis

MEB Founder
So is there 3 books per set i have a 72 bronco so i just get the 1972 year model and the 3 book set
Some early years are a single book with Bronco and Econoline, later years have all trucks and Econoline.

Some are actually 5 volumes in 4 different books.
3d2d592327bc3f055aadfdcba849e214.jpg

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Just an FYI on that Jim Osborne book, if it is the one I think it is. Every single page has a huge watermark covering the whole page. In some cases very distracting from the page content. Really pissed me off when I got the book from TBP. I was so disgusted with the book I almost sent it back, but I ended up using it while assembling the seats and also mounting the grill trim and some other stuff. So, it did earn its keep, but still those watermarks....

https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pro...-body-interior-manual-66-77-early-ford-bronco

OP
OP
U

USMC-72BRONCO

Loc.
Oceanside
Thank you guys i really appreciate it I am gonna go ahead and get my order placed and get them in the mail ASAP. Do the manuals go into the bolt sizes and what not cause i don't have any hardware all bolts got thrown into a bucket and have no clue what happened to them. Any good suggestions and bolt kits?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Just an FYI on that Jim Osborne book, if it is the one I think it is. Every single page has a huge watermark covering the whole page. In some cases very distracting from the page content. Really pissed me off when I got the book from TBP. I was so disgusted with the book I almost sent it back, but I ended up using it while assembling the seats and also mounting the grill trim and some other stuff. So, it did earn its keep, but still those watermarks....

https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pro...-body-interior-manual-66-77-early-ford-bronco
I have an old version and don't recall the watermarks.

It can be pretty helpful though.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thank you guys i really appreciate it I am gonna go ahead and get my order placed and get them in the mail ASAP. Do the manuals go into the bolt sizes and what not cause i don't have any hardware all bolts got thrown into a bucket and have no clue what happened to them. Any good suggestions and bolt kits?
No, the shop manuals do not go into that.

The Osborne does some, but as I recall, it may use a Ford hardware part number which I then cross referenced in another book and then matched to the exact or closest available in yet another vendors catalog when I order hardware with factory correct headstamps for our authentic restorations. I literally spent about a full week researching and ordering hardware on our last stock restoration.

Totally Stainless offers some Bronco hardware kits. They sell through Bronco Graveyard and maybe a couple others.

They are local to me so I go and get certain trim screws from them. I do not use stainless bolts on our builds.

As for manuals on CD, I'm old school and like having a paper manual on the bench. I guess if I had a tough book laptop for the shop then maybe?

I bought a CD for an M151 I'm working on for a customer. A couple nights running back in the house to print hard copies and I them ordered the entire set of paper manuals.

OP
OP
U

USMC-72BRONCO

Loc.
Oceanside
Do you have link for the Jim Osborne book i am having trouble finding anything online and i am not sure i am looking at the right one