• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good things come to those who wait! '67 Military!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
First a little back story. My Dad had a co-worker years ago who had a few Broncos through the years. He would buy some, drive them and sell them from time to time. There was one in particular he held on to for quite a few years. Dad used to tell me it was supposed to be a military Bronco, but I had never seen it to know if it was for sure.

One day early this year while riding around killing time, we decided to go check it out. It was indeed a '67 Military issue Bronco, and one of the most complete ones I have seen. After it's use in the Military, it was used by Talladega Rescue Squad or the Fire Department (Not sure which yet). It still has the rear bumper, fender mount mirrors, headlight guards, and the ever popular dash plaque. And on the plus side, it's extremely solid!

Needless to say, I was in love with it and had to have it. But, I couldn't ever seem to get a deal worked out.

Fast forward to yesterday evening, Dad's former co worker calls him and says they are ready to sell it, and at a fair price to boot! I went and told him I'd take it and picked her up this morning.

After some research, I found out that this Bronco and Phoneman's Military rig's VIN numbers are only 2 digits apart! (bigcountry's former Bronco).

Here are some pics of the new find! Just thought I'd share with everyone. I plan on it being at Townsend next year. I'm honored to own a piece of history!

Attachments

• 100_1871.jpg
    100_1871.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 699
  • 100_1865.jpg
    100_1865.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 660
  • 100_1866.jpg
    100_1866.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 638
  • 100_1867.jpg
    100_1867.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 682
  • 100_1868.jpg
    100_1868.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 100_1869.jpg
    100_1869.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 563
  • 100_1870.jpg
    100_1870.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Yes! Neat way cool Bronco, Jimmy! One of the most complete military rigs I've seen! I like it just the way it is and I don't think I would restore it.

Hotfeet

Great news

I am glad someone got that bronco who will appreciate what it is and preserve it. I don't know you but can tell that is your intention. You are a great bronco owner. It would have been a shame for someone who didn't know what they had, to get her and modify the heck out of her. Congratulations to you and history.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Whoa! That thing is awesome..love it

Andy
Blue71

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
It would have been a shame for someone who didn't know what they had, to get her and modify the heck out of her.

I agree, I couldn't live with the thought of it going away from its roots. It will definitely be preserved and freshened up here and there.

It won't be restored any time soon, but if I decide to, it will be back to military specs. I like it the way it is, myself.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Last edited:

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes very cool, I love the plaque and the headlight guards (whatever you call them). Certainly a rare piece of history.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
did Wayne still have that one?? I saw that EB prob 12-14 yrs ago at his house, outside of Talladega. I bought a sweet '69 U14 from him, used to talk to him occasionally, funny guy.