• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gorilla Warflares Question

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
I am planning on installing the Gorilla Warflares but I had a question about them I haven't been able to find the answer for.

Do they provide any rigidity to the fenders?
Mine came cut and looks like it had these on it at some point.
The rear especially is quite flimsy feeling with no rolled edge to hold the shape.

Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes they do. It's not a ton, but attaching anything of substance to that area will tighten it up noticeably. Whether screwing or riveting, they will offer support.

Have a picture of what yours are cut out to? Broncos weren't exactly the most reinforced body to begin with, but the thickness of the old sheet metal kept things in check with just that little ribbing action stamped into it. The flares should add at least some of that back.

Paul

OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
Here is a pic of the wheel well, I like the size, just want it to be a bit more structured.

cage-1.jpg

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I've got Gorillas on both Broncos and really like em.
Do you still have the fender supports from the front of the wheel well to the inner fender ?
Those also help somewhat . I suppose you could always make a couple of your own supports and put them where you feel they're needed.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of the wheel well, I like the size, just want it to be a bit more structured.

cage-1.jpg

My fenders are cut about the same, were like that when I bought it.
I am going to add some sheet metal to keep mud out, but it is already very solid.
I grabbed the edge and pulled, it flexed maybe 1/4 inch or so and then the whole Bronco moved on the suspension.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
They look like the cuts for the old fiberglass bushwackers. Mine was the same and I had to trim a little more off for the warflares, but there is plenty of support IMO.

The warflares are flexible enough that you MIGHT be able to fit them to that cut; hard to tell. Maybe Paul knows.

Attachments

• IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
Awesome, thanks guys!

This is good news for sure, I was thinking I'd have to add some sheetmetal behind them, hell still might just because.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
How wide are these flares?

They will fit raleigh's Bronco no problem, I'm thinking he might have to trin just a little. The width depends on how the end user installs them. A standard install will be roughly 42/50 inside/outside. This is most common but they can be manipulated for a larger opening by installing them all the way up at the body line.

Jim

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Dave, I have mounted several sets of GW's - they are really nice flares. I would mount them slightly higher and stretch them a bit wider than the opening you have now. Don't try to use the old mounting holes.

Mine are mounted to the body line which I think looks good. I've even seen some mounted higher!

OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
Can you post some pic Gary?
The opening ssems so high already I'd like to keep it low if I can.
Remember this is on a FSB chassis so the body sits up high already.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mine are mounted as far back as I could as well due to the extended wheelbase. I'm at 103". Body is not stretched.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 95

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Overall . . .

The good thing about GWs are they are very flexible and can be mounted in most any position. Your wheel base should be within an inch of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 77

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I brought my wheelbase down to 99", they look great on your rig man.

Getting me excited for mine to be done!

I guess I missed your 99" wheelbase mod on your build thread(s)!

I've got mine up in Colorado now - we wheeled in Ouray this past week. What a great area to wheel!

OP
OP
R

raleigh

Loc.
In the garage
I guess I missed your 99" wheelbase mod on your build thread(s)!

I've got mine up in Colorado now - we wheeled in Ouray this past week. What a great area to wheel!

Bet you are loving up there, maybe you can make it Bronco Safari in 2017, I went this year and had a blast, will definitely going next year!

t120r

They will fit raleigh's Bronco no problem, I'm thinking he might have to trin just a little. The width depends on how the end user installs them. A standard install will be roughly 42/50 inside/outside. This is most common but they can be manipulated for a larger opening by installing them all the way up at the body line.

Jim

I mean't how far out do they stick out from the body?