• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GOT 60's? Picked mine up yesterday.

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Finally picked up the truck that my Dana 60's will come out of. Dealing with the seller was an adventure but all worked out in the end. This was one of two trucks he had with the 60's, the other set is going into a 79 Bronco that is also getting a 460 transplant, should be a beast if he finishes it. Ain't she a beauty!:eek:

Attachments

• frontF250.jpg
    frontF250.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 50
  • rearF250.jpg
    rearF250.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 66
  • sideF250.jpg
    sideF250.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 59

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats, let the $$ begin :)
Seriously, I think you made a wise choice with many possibilities.

OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
Actually it didn't really seem to bother the Titan. Once I repositioned the F250 to keep the tail of the trailer from whipping around I was able to travel 50-60 mph with no problem. I was actually more worried about stopping, did have one idiot pull out in front of me and stop, handled it quite well. Of course I would much prefer to tow with an F450(even if it is bright yellow:eek: )but that is not currently in the budget. The disassembly will not be taking place immeadiately, the forecast calls for high temps in the teens here by midweek, I think I will wait for warmer weather and continue to gather parts.

kntr

Bronco Guru
I love those old F250 and F350 supercrew and crewcabs. Have fun ripping it apart. That thing sure is bowed. I bet its seen some work in its day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
XT700

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
I agree, color would not be nearly as important as capability.

The Sno-fighter package also came with Dana 60's, since I found this truck I have found two more. Of course for much less than I paid for this one. They are not all that rare up here however the bodies are usually junk. If I had the time and space I would like to teardown a couple to bring to the Roundup in June. Not sure if that is going to happen but would help offset the cost of going down.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
mag409 said:
Just bought a 77.5 F-250 snowfighter yesterday. 460 motor with c-6 and 205 transfer case. Front and rear D60s. Whole truck for $200.
Let me guess in Pennsylvania.%) What is it with that area of the country? I need to rent me a huge truck and trailer and bring a load of parts from there down here. Gurantee I'll make 100% profit. Bone yards just don't exist around here. If its 5 years or older it gets crushed.:mad:

mag409

Loc.
Central Pennsylvania
yellowrouge said:
Let me guess in Pennsylvania.%) What is it with that area of the country? I need to rent me a huge truck and trailer and bring a load of parts from there down here. Gurantee I'll make 100% profit. Bone yards just don't exist around here. If its 5 years or older it gets crushed.:mad:

Yep good ole PA. This particular yard crushes about every 5 years and has a nice selection of older 4x4's. They keep them around since the majority of the area is always pulling parts from them.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Everyone in Montana still drives em. You can hardly ever find one in the wrecking yard.