• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I think I got a good deal- picked up a 74

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I looked it over again last night and I don't think it was a Ranger.

The worst part is the dents. It sucks when you have solid metal with dents in it because I may still have to replace the pannel.

This one is not as bad as my 77 was but I will need to replace:
Both rockers
Driver and passenger side floor pans
passenger inner fender and the front part of the kick panel
core support
passenger fender
passenger door (may just go with inserts but I happen to have an extra door)
Passenger tail light behind quarter panel section

Should be able to knock this all out in a couple of weeks.

So have you decided if this is the wife's ride or trail rig? If it's going to be a trail rig for next year's Round Up, then just

* cut the rockers and add rock skis
* ditch the doors for better visability
* just patch the floor pans as needed
* cut and bob the fenders front and rear
* tube the core support

You'll have a heck of a trail rig w/o spending much $$$ - save that for lift, tires and lockers! ;D

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I am so tempted to turn this into a trail rig and slap a pink magnetic flower on it so she can call it hers.
Something I can quickly pull off and head to the woods.

The wife is very cool and I talked with her about cutting the rockers off for skids. She is up for it.

It would kind of suck to pull up to an event where my rig is flawless and hers is a hard core trail rig all beat up. People may ask who wears the pants in the family. Maybe I will trade her broncos or talk her into a neutral paint job.

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Hey guys,
I just noticed the Texas title for the 74 says the original owner was Willy Nelson JR.

do you think it could be the Willy Nelson?
Was he a JR or did he have a son?

I need to check when I get home but I think the original city was Commerce, TX.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
You might not want to know. If that is the case, I would feel like I had to restore it, just cus, but that's me. Though reading the article soulds like he would be cool with a hard wheeling rig!