• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got a good deal

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
I have been looking for a NP435 for months now to swap out the standard 3 speed in yeller, I was on early bronco group on face book and saw a add pop up for one for sale $100.00 seemed like a good price even if it needed to be rebuilt so I called and said mark it sold I will come and get it, 3hr away. Turns out he had a appointment in Tucson and would deliver it, what a deal.
That morning I helped my widowed neighbor by installing a frame and door
that took the better part of the day but I wanted to help her out, when I was done she insisted I take $100.00. About the time I was done got a call and the tranny was in town, when we met I was told everything was in good working order and got a few added parts for the 100.00 Turned out to be a great Friday. Pics attached

Attachments

• 022 (Copy).JPG
    022 (Copy).JPG
    233 KB · Views: 128
  • 024 (Copy).JPG
    024 (Copy).JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 025 (Copy).JPG
    025 (Copy).JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 100

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You'll like it.

I rebuilt my two boxes last summer but didn't get a chance to drive it until last weekend. With my 31's and 3.50 gears I can let the clutch out in 2nd to take off without feathering any fuel. Should make it nice for teaching the kids how to drive a stick. Shifts like a pickup though, not as sporty as the 3 speed but good riddance to that worn out thing.

Toddpole

Contributor
Nice score! That adapter is north of $400 by itself. Now swap that t case shifter for twin sticks and rock on.
Way to be the good neighbor, also. I love karma!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats man, & good job helping out the neighbor

Letsgocrawling

Loc.
Tucson Az.
Herold, man did you score, last time we talked i pointed you to a u-pullit deal for 150.$ and that's taking it out in our miserable 100 degree temps plus! Looks like the spare D20 might get it's tera lows with out loosing any drive time---woo-hoo---i'm jealous for the gearing you will have:cool:

OP
OP
LOVNBRONCOS

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
.69FL Bronc - It was on Early Bronco Drivers FB

Toddpole - I already have the twin sticks in the bronco and love em what a difference they make.

Letsgo - I have to do something if I'm going to try to follow you around anywhere. hehe

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and rebuild before putting it in or take the chance and install as is and hope for no problems. I am going to reuse my D20 cuz
I know it works ok. Thinking tera lows for the spare but if I rebuild the tranny I'll have to hold off a while on the tera's . What would you do ?