• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got the 77 Line-xed today

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Here are some pics of Lockjaw's 77 after it was sprayed by Line-x.

Attachments

• linex1.JPG
    linex1.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 105
  • linex2.JPG
    linex2.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 142
  • linex3.JPG
    linex3.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 105
  • linex4.JPG
    linex4.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 112
  • linex5.JPG
    linex5.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 103
  • linex6.JPG
    linex6.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
66ALRIDE

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
As far as prep work, it was completely sandblasted, scuffed with 80grit sandpaper and then sprayed with epoxy primer. Then they scuffed it again and sprayed it. They did an excellent job on it. The underneath is sprayed with line-x also. The engine bay will be alot easier to clean, and plus wanted the rust protection.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Be careful around the brake fluid when putting things back together, it will lift the line-x from my experience.

Looks great!

OP
OP
66ALRIDE

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
It's actually on an old frame that we made a rotisserie out of.

Attachments

• rotesserrie.jpg
    rotesserrie.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 53

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
That looks great! I can't wait to do mine. I am going to do the bumpers too. I hope to get it done in the next few weeks, especially after seeing yours.

OP
OP
66ALRIDE

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
The guy that sprayed it had a fullsize Bronco and had the interior done. He had also sprayed the door panels, plastic trim, and part of the dash. It looked good, but I would think it would be a pain to clean and the door panels would irritate your arms. But I will say it's some bad a$$ stuff.

Last edited:

LockJaw

Thanks for the comments. And thanks to 66ALRIDES for helping me get this far. For those that dont know check out 66ALRIDES youtube profile. The 77 tear down is the same as pictured here.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
When I had mine done; it was recommended to take the color underneath the Line-X. Any reason why you guys didnt? You will love it. It cleans up pretty nice with just a pressure washing. Speaking of which...I need to clean mine up.

I hope that you had them tape the door post areas where the front fenders mount as they wont fit right with the layer of liner on them. We did take this into account on mine and I still had to clearance a few spots (where the door post meets the rocker. We also shot the inside of my front fenders and they had to be stripped along the edge so that the fenders could go back on. Most of the tight tolerance areas were taken into account...but there are always some allignment issues, I suppose. Good luck.

OP
OP
66ALRIDE

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
On the ones we've done like this before, we've just backed taped with fineline tape and have never had any issues. As far as the door post, those areas like where the fender meets the rocker and such were not sprayed. They were taped up except for the top of the inner fenders. On top of the inner fenders is just a light coat of bedliner spray, usually don't have a problem but if so all it takes is a little grinding with a flapper wheel.

Thanks for all the comments so far, I think Lockjaw is finally seeing some progress on it.