• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who's got a manual line lock??

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
who sells the line locks with the lever? Mico is one any others? Who sells them?

boomeroid

Loc.
Reno, NV
Tell me a little more about how the line locks are used. Why have seperate front and back, and why combo elect/manual? Sounds cool, but I want to know a little more...
Thanks-

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
boomeroid said:
Tell me a little more about how the line locks are used. Why have seperate front and back, and why combo elect/manual? Sounds cool, but I want to know a little more...
Thanks-
They are nothing more than valves in the brake lines. You apply the brakes and then flip the switch to lock the pressure in the line. 2 of them are needed if you lock up both front and back brakes. I just had one on the front of my Jeep which was all I usually needed to give me that little extra advantage needed to get moving on inclines with a manual tranny. You could accomplish something similar with a hand operated throttle as well. (Bicycle shifters work good for hand throttles) Many of the EBs had hand operated throttle cables but they are designed to use your foot to get them where you want and the lock them there (for things like PTO winching), they were not really designed to be operated as a regular throttle. (Mine has long since been removed)

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
I got mine from speedway motors part# 910-31301.Mounted it under drivers seat. Right beneath the inside seat bracket.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Line locks

I don't know who dreams up this crap that electric line locks won't last more than 5 -10 minutes. They only draw a few milliamps. I've had my Summitt line locks for over 5 years. I use them ALOT. I've left them on for days at a time. Several times accidently for 5 days till my Optima died.

I would NOT crawl behind my rig on a slope with them on, same as I would not crawl behind my rig with an auto in Park (ever seen the pawl break?).

Anyway, they work great.

boomer135

Loc.
Tampa FL
I have the manual mico lock, it will work very well if you are in a situation with a manual tranny, This way if you need to stop and your in a sticky situation, You can apply the lock. of just add a small amt of pressure to the brake then actuate the lock, then you can rev her up, and release the lock, like working the brake in a auto with your left foot while on the gas with your right. They work well in a manual tranny because we don't have three feet!

FFMDX

Loc.
Roseville, CA
I'm use a SS aircraft ball valve from Swagelok for the rears. It fit perfectly where my fuel selector switch used to be. I'm eventually going to go with an elect. in the front. My buddy has a lever style he found from a forklift, and it works B*&^'n. I agree that there is no substitute for a mech parking break, but I'm running Lincoln rear discs, and the PB parts are impossible to find.

Oh yeah, try a search on either this site or Pirate for Swagelock or Swagelok for the PN. I'm not at home right now...

Sean