• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got to drive it to work today!

barronj

Bronco Guru
Finally getting to put some miles on her. Had to stop at Home Depot to get a quick fix/patch. I'm waiting on an upper door kit from JBG, and my windshield was contacting the door at speeds.

Anyhow, still piecing together my tan interior.
cropped2.jpg

Cropped.jpg

0000043.jpg

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
what is that color if you dont mind telling? i like that a lot... i wanna go two tone, and have been looking for the green i want, and that might be it...

OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru
what is that color if you dont mind telling? i like that a lot... i wanna go two tone, and have been looking for the green i want, and that might be it...

Legend Lime, modeled after the 2006/2007 Mustang, originally featured on 67/68/69 mustangs.

PPG # 43567, I think.

OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru

There's a C10 or some early Chebby LWB truck that's two tone, essentially lime green w/ a white patch through the middle of the body. I would see him around South Austin, and know that my color was going to look good. I was originally going blue, then I saw another member's bronco painted Lime gold/white, and it evolved from there.

This is the other member's bronc:
limegoldcropped.jpg

OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru
Nice rig looks awesome;D

Thanks. It hauls ass too. Gotta be careful.

351, AFR heads, BC exhaust, Edelbrock carb/manifold, E-cam. (added discs, PS/PB)

It will completely light up the 33's from a roll, anytime I get past 1/2 throttle. It's still the 3spd w/ stock 3.50 gears. If I felt like slipping the clutch on 2nd gear, I'm sure I could roll them as well in that gear. I've never been above 2500 rpm in 3rd gear. Don't need to on the highway, from what I've driven so far. I need gear, and an NV3550

Last edited:
OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru
White. It's off a newer year (mine's a '68), so I have to drill it before installing it.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Nice ride, I really like the whole look of it.. Enjoy it. One small detail, not trying to be picky. %) You should take the front wheel off, mask your hub and rattle can the part of the axle housing that sticks out past those wheels. :) I love that green color. Nice choice.

OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru
You should take the front wheel off, mask your hub and rattle can the part of the axle housing that sticks out past those wheels. :) I love that green color. Nice choice.

I see that, the front axle, & the rear axle everytime i look at the truck. I should've done that before painting. After it had been painted, I was detailing the column w/ some black, and thought i had everything covered up, but lo & behold, lttle black paint spots showed up on the fenders. I've been reluctant to spray anything since then, and my time is always limited. It will happen.