• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

gotta vent.

randall

Ok, not too happy right now, heres why. I have a wheelin trip planned for sunday, but one of my hubs fried this week so i go to 4wheelparts.com(mistake!) to order a new set. But the set i run is off a scout because my axle is scout from the nuckles out. So i go to order a set and they ask me what vehicle i have, so i tell them a 71 bronco, mind you i already ordered the hubs for a scout. So i get home from work tonight, to finally find the package(3 days late since i paid for 2 day shipping). When i open the package i find something that doesnt look like my old hubs, at closer look it turns out they are bronco hubs!!! Seems some f###ing genious decided to take it upon himself and give me bronco hubs instead of what i ordered!!! guess he thought i was too ignorant to know i dont drive a scout. I guess the wheeling trip is off....haha, anyways, thanks for listening guys

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Next time just tell him you own a Scout. I know it's hard but you can do it!

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Sorry you can't get your rig fixed in time. Most of my experiences have been good with 4-Wheel Parts. But then I go down to the Santa Ana store when I need something. Seems like they should give you a full refund and eat the express shipping charges & give you a 10% discount on your next purchase. Don't be afraid to let them know how :mad: you are.

horslady

Loc.
Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Bummer... just let the dude know and tell him quit trying to out think a bronco owner who knows what he needs and ordered. Might want to explain other parts are used on broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
Sorry to hear about your misfortune<br>I'd call and give them some back some of your grief. and next time don't tell them what you drive, just tell them what you need.<br><br>

OP
OP
R

randall

thanks guys, i need to call them up today and get it all fixed.

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
I butchered a 78 granada for my 302, so when I talk about peripherals with parts guys I always have to be careful. They believe they are the experts, and when it comes to a stock rig with absolutely no mods, they may be. Throw them a curve and watch out, especially a cross brand curve :eek:. Be gracious when you call this guy, it was an honest mistake on his part, and he was trying to be helpful. Once he figures out that he is dealing with someone who does cross brand mods, he may appreciate you more as a customer and give you better service. <br><br>Good Luck, <br><br>dpm

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :pIt dose happen you must be clear on what you want. my book showes bronco hub's (mile marker supreme) # 402 also showes international also uses a 402 as dose chev and jeep must be a dana thing I have found it is best to go and see what they have. cant you go to a place like napa or pep boys ect and get hubs. :p :p :p Bill 8) ::) :p

OP
OP
R

randall

ya im not gonna be a jerk to the person on the phone, chances are the one i talk to isnt the one that made the mistake anyways so there would be no use. I would have went to napa but i usually like to mail order things that i can just because of the ease, but i may go down there for them this time.

708bronco

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Bummer, hope you get it straightend out. It always bothers me a little having to ask for engine parts for a '77 Thunderbird when I need something for my 351w, but I try not to confuse them by letting them know it's for a bronco.<br><br>C

67ster

Bronco Guru
Talk about confusion , I had one parts guy tell me one time that "Nobody makes a part like the thing in your hand " , my reply , if they don,t , then what the hell is this ?

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I always cringe when they ask...is that a full size????<br>I even had a ford parts guy ask me, what year, and I said 73, the only bronco they made that year, and he began arguing with me, what a dipstick....<br><br>snake

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
[quote author=thesnake link=board=5;threadid=13155;start=0#99321 date=1042432628]
I always cringe when they ask...is that a full size????
I even had a ford parts guy ask me, what year, and I said 73, the only bronco they made that year, and he began arguing with me, what a dipstick....

snake
[/quote]

You too huh? I had the same experience more than twice. But what do you tell them? Since it's not a big one and it's not a Bronco II either. ?:? I guess you have to own one to know what you're talking about. ;D 8) ::) BH

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
I run into that all the time, so I answer yes. Because it was full size tht year ;). <br><br>One ford parts guy(one who did not have to ask) was really helpful, went to the microfiche and spent 10 minutes looking for a part. During the search, he found that in 77 they actually listed the EB as a passenger vehicle, not a truck. We had a pretty good laugh over that. <br><br>Hang in there, we're all in this together!<br><br>dpm

Blueoval4me

Loc.
Fullerton, CA
[quote author=BwoncoHowie link=board=5;threadid=13155;start=0#98888 date=1042300003]
Sorry you can't get your rig fixed in time. Most of my experiences have been good with 4-Wheel Parts. But then I go down to the Santa Ana store when I need something. Seems like they should give you a full refund and eat the express shipping charges & give you a 10% discount on your next purchase. Don't be afraid to let them know how :mad: you are.
[/quote]

I went into that store one time and asked if they had any clevesis, (funny look), d-rings, (funny look), I drew them a picture, still got a funny look, asked all the employees and the manager none of which had any idea what I was talking about. That is when I stoped trusting any of the folks at 4wheelparts, santa ana. Not a bad place if you want a disco truck though.

I hear you on the whole parts thing my friendly neighborhood autozone rep thinks I have 12 cars

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
[quote author=HNRYS69 link=board=5;threadid=13155;start=0#98855 date=1042274161]<br>Go back and bitch slap his ass....<br>[/quote]<br><br>I agree. I think 4 wheel parts sucks and their prices are too high.