• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GT40 intake black tube thingy

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I have a GT40 lower with the black tube thingy that I think radiator fluid passes through to get to the EGR coolant inputs. I ahve eliminated the EGR plate. Can I then jsut plug the hole for the black tube thingy and get rid of it?

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
the 1/4 standoff? If so yes. Rubber caps don't last that long though.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Those tubes supply hot water to your heater, so you can't just take the tubes out of the manifold and cap it. You can however cap the 1/4 inch nipple at the front and rear that supply hot water to the EGR spacer. But as mentioned above, rubber caps don't last long. I filled the nipples with high temp silicone and then capped it with a rubber cap. That way the hot water doesn't come in contact with the rubber cap.

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
put a plug in the back of the intake. for the black tube to the egr spacer i've always used the existing hose and put a bolt and clamp on it. for the ect sensor you can leave it in. run the big two out the back to your heater core.