• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Gunny Highway" Build **IT DRIVES!!!!**

Premium Concept

Plain and simple that is just one killer looking ride. Can't wait to see the finished product.

How hard was applying the Duplicolor liner? how did you apply it and how quick did it dry? Were there any issues that someone should know about before using it?

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Thanks guys for the compliments!!

As far as the liner goes, it was actually very easy to apply. I used both methods in applying it. I sprayed everything I could with a bedliner gun and rolled it on in the areas that needed a more controlled application. Everything inside the tub got sprayed but the bedrails and the flares were rolled. In the FL heat it dryed to the touch in about 2 hours and was nice and hard in 24 hours. Leave the tape on it until it is good and hard so you don't pull up the edges when you take the tape off. My best advice is to double tape anywhere there is a going to be overspray/roll because it will soak through only one layer of tape. Follow the directions to a tee, scuff any paint that is to covered with the supplied scotch brite pad, clean everything you scuffed with soap and water and allow it to dry completely. Wipe everything down with thinner or something similar just before to put it on to take care of any oil or grease, even your sweat and oil from your skin can make it not stick. If you are going to spray it on the higher the PSIs the finer the texture will be. I wanted a fine texture so I sprayed mine at about 75lbs. Lastly, if you don't want the product on something, COVER IT!! That includes the shop floor, the tires, the seats if you're not removing them, and most importantly YOU. Wear some latex gloves or something similar and clothes you're not attached to because they will get this stuff on them. Other than that it's pretty simple.

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
I love the color I have been going back and forth thinking about doing something similar to mine. The primary differences being I was going to try to put the Marine Corps Eagle Globe and Anchor on the doors and some of the weight and lifting point stencils like we had on our Jeeps and then Humvees.

Anyhow nice job... Looks REAL good.

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Then you'd have to change your screen name!!!! I've got some stencil work left to do to it yet myself. Gonna put my screen name on the top edge of the drivers door. And the phrase "Improvise, Adapt & Overcome" across the windshield. I'm also having a "no chrome" sticker made for the rear quarter.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
looks good - having an event or something that you want to make it to...is always motivation

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
Then you'd have to change your screen name!!!! I've got some stencil work left to do to it yet myself. Gonna put my screen name on the top edge of the drivers door. And the phrase "Improvise, Adapt & Overcome" across the windshield. I'm also having a "no chrome" sticker made for the rear quarter.

LOL Good point... Maybe I need to put aside my 32 Ford project and just build another Bronco and keep my name lol

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Been thrashing here lately to get this thing running for our event in Nov. I got the starter, alternator, shocks, and some of the wiring situated this week. I have the exhaust for it just ran out of time for this week. I'll be back at it Sat morning bright and early. I really want to have this thing running a week or two before the event so I can work some of the bugs out of it.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yea, more pics! this is one tuff looking bronco! nice job.

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Not much new to post pics of........unless you like pics of shocks, exhaust manifolds, and wires. Oh Oh I did install some back up lights under the bumper that I could put up a picture of. Bolted in the drivers and rear seat but they are maroon and look pretty crappy. Just nothing real flashy to show off for now, just a bunch of loose ends that are being tied up. I'll see what I can do over the weekend for you guys though....

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Well today I finished up the exhaust, installed the master cylinder and finished up the brake line plumbing, bled the brakes, put on the electric fan, fabbed up a battery tray, modified the passengers seat bracket and installed the passengers seat, finished up all the radiator plumbing, mounted a termorary loaner tach, mounted one of the Nittos as a spare tire, and adjusted the location of the hood prop rod. I think that about covers my progess for today. Now I have to work for the next 4 days:( Although I might get a few hours to work on it tommorow night after work.

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Thank you sir!! I'm working on it every spare minute I have right now trying to get it ready for Holopawlooza the first weekend of Nov.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thank you sir!! I'm working on it every spare minute I have right now trying to get it ready for Holopawlooza the first weekend of Nov.

If you get a free day and want help give me a call.

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
I have a friend that is supposedly coming Sat to do the wiring but my dad has told me that he is just going to do enough to get it to start so I might need some help finishing up the wiring if he doesn't do all of it. I'll have to see how much he is willing to do. I might need you Sunday if you're avaliable. Are you sure you want to drive all the way to Auburndale though?

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Yes, the cage will be one of the last things to be done. I am having one custom built by a local late model racecar builder. Once the cage is done I am having a custom top made for it by another friend of mine that will be form fitted to the cage.