• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

H1 rims and wheel spacers ....

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My axles already have an 8 lug bolt pattern , can I just use three inch spacers to get the right back spacing with H1 rims ??
I'm running 42" tires ...

;D ;D ;D JUST KIDDING ! Hope someone gets a chuckle ....
I've been doing research on these rims and apparently caught a smarta$$ virus today....feel free to leave your own smarta$$ reply ;)

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Funny thing.... I've been researching these H1 wheels also..

Almost scored a stock set of 4 yesterday but the owner couldn't find them..

He'll call me when he finds them.. I hope he does..

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
From another thread concerning the Reed H1 rims :
$265ea complete, recentered with any back spacing from 2.5-5" any bolt pattern, bead blasted and primered. If you want the steel ring welded onto the outer lip they are $295ea or if you rather have the rock ring welded on they are $325ea. They take about 3 weeks to build.

For the rim I want it comes out to $295 vs $345 and I'm not concerned with looks on a trail rig , but I am concerned about function , and the H1 rims have a whole lot fewer bolts to tweak.

The biggest concern with the Hummer rims , is the narrow width. 8.25" bead seat to bead seat.

broncoboi12

Loc.
Nipomo California
I wonder how much it is to have them recentered, I see alot of guys that just do that with some new centers. But wheel spacers like you said would definately be the most cost effective. By the way sorry to thread hijack but what did you do in the marines hoosierdaddy? I ship for bootcamp tomorrow so the marines are pretty much the only thing on my mind right now.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
The biggest concern with the Hummer rims , is the narrow width. 8.25" bead seat to bead seat.
Tires on these wheels were something like 13.50, Correct me if I'm wrong..

How wide a tire can a stock H1 hummer wheel take?

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Read this :

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Hummer_Rims/

Any width should not be a problem for an off road application. Performance may be affected , but you'd probably have to be REAL wide. Gotta figure alot of people are running tires that should be on 10" rims that are on 8's. A 42" bogger calls for a 9.75 rim - hummer is 8.25" = 1.5" difference.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
I have Stazworks and what ever you do or run for Beadlocks ADD THE ROCK RINGS AT WHAT EVER COST. Tacod one of mine a couple of weeks ago without the rock ring- damn adding the rock rings AFTER it was bent to .... was a pain. My public service announcement for today.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.

39.5" x 18" -16.5" Fit like a champ.;D

Attachments

• TrimFlex1.JPG
    TrimFlex1.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 17
  • TrimFlex2.JPG
    TrimFlex2.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 17
  • TrimFLEXNout.JPG
    TrimFLEXNout.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 12
  • BoggerOnFlex1.JPG
    BoggerOnFlex1.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 10
  • BoggerOnFront2.JPG
    BoggerOnFront2.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 14
  • BoggerRubbage3.JPG
    BoggerRubbage3.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MP and RC
I am so envious of your rigs!

Yep , X2 on that .

I've read alot of RajinCajin's posts here and there , but this is the first time I really eyeballed your ride.
Nice , very nice ....

she ain't pretty, but I don't worry about pointing her at anything ---RC

Thats exactly why I bought the new trail rig.
The unfortunate part is the math. 2 projects that I REALLY want to do (divided by) 1 source of income (which the wife takes care of all by herself for the most part.);D = $0 for HD

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
hd- sounds like the wife there needs an EB of her own.;) Heck thats how Mike ended up with the front linked and coilovers up front. It was a discussion early into build where he was explaining the "reason" and " need" for the rear set up....I listened.... bought the story and I "suggested" why not just do the front...well needless to say the rest is history..

Mad- thanks for the comp. I promise if you want a ride at OCBR I will give up my spot and hop in with Oppy. Shes comfy fun little ride.

Will try and get some pics of Oppys hummer wheels. I know he bought them off of ebay and then Mike added the centers and rock rings here. Im pretty sure he got the other parts from Great Lakes but would have to check. Lots of cooler centers and rings out there now than ever before.

K

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
Eric get your rims and centers have them shipped here and we will weld in the new centers and bring them to mccasslin saves on shipping. Check greatlake offroad and copprehead fab for centers and rock rings(rim stiffners) Mike ps thanks guys for the compliments on the rig.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh , this won't happen before McCaslin for sure. Perhaps a winter project , but I like being involved as much as possible in my Bronco work. Thereby giving us an excuse to get together this winter so I can help(hinder?) you on my rims. :)

I wasn't going to do rock rings till I read your post about tacoing a rim. Have pics of that ?

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Mad- thanks for the comp. I promise if you want a ride at OCBR I will give up my spot and hop in with Oppy. Shes comfy fun little ride.
K
I will sure take you up on that!!!
This OCBR event is getting me all excited!! You folks are the best!!

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Yep , X2 on that .

I've read alot of RajinCajin's posts here and there , but this is the first time I really eyeballed your ride.
Nice , very nice ....

she ain't pretty, but I don't worry about pointing her at anything ---RC

Thats exactly why I bought the new trail rig.
The unfortunate part is the math. 2 projects that I REALLY want to do (divided by) 1 source of income (which the wife takes care of all by herself for the most part.);D = $0 for HD

Thanks again man.. In some ways it makes it worth it :) but like many others I do what I do on my Bronco for me :) but compliments are always welcome :)
I hear you about the two projects.. that is why my 69' Stang is setting as a shell and the 351 is setting on an engine stand in my shop :)

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
do we all have projects put on the back burner. Have a 66 cyclone waiting to be painted, new 390 under the hood hasnt even been fired.

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
Eric get your parts together and we can set up a weld up some rims weekend this winter you can come up and lay on the shops heated floor kill some barleys and weld some rims not maybe in that order. Mike