• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

H2 Spare Tire Carrier on an Bronco

jgaithe

Loc.
Fort Mill
I am in the process of trying to determine the best route for purchasing or fabricating a spare tire carrier that mounts to the rear bumper. I was curious to know if anyone had tried to mount an H2 spare tire carrier on their bronco and if it was possible. It seems that it could be mounted to the bumper of my bronco but I'm not sure on the dimensions of the carrier it self. Please if anyone has tried this let me know if it is possible.

H2-H500-HTC-CLOSED.jpg

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
with enough fab work, you can make anything fit. but you're gonna have to do some fab work anyway, H2 is 8 lug so you'll have to modify it unless you're running 3/4 or 1 ton axles.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Good idea and nice carrier.....however, they are gonna be higher than hippy unless you find a salvage.

I bought a protofab carrier and in the process of customizing my bailiebilt as we speak.

ITOWU2

Loc.
close to Billings
I happen to have one sitting behind my shop that I took off a burned up H2. It was about the only thing that wasn't burnt. All I have to do is finish my rear bumper.
Wes