• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half cab mount to windshield repair

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So my buddy picked up a "perfect half cab" and the mounting section to the windshield is all wavy, has multiple holes punched in it and needs to be replaced. Does anyone make a replacement piece? Can it be cut out and another piece welded in place?
Really frustrating.
Thanks in advance

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never seen that be separate but if anybody’s got it you could try Jeff’s graveyard because they deal with so many small individual parts due to rust.
But if it’s just the flat mounting surface, seems like that would be fairly easy to fabricate from scratch.

I assume it’s bad enough to where it doesn’t seem like just fixing the existing one would be worth it? They’re not exactly flat or concentric from the factory all the time either. And they have these weird seams and overlaps in each corner that create open pockets that are very annoying and usually need to be sealed separately.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
It seems to be a very common problem. I wonder why with every other part reproduced that that piece has not been done yet. You could fab a lot of things for the Bronco but we like to buy them done!

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
So my buddy picked up a "perfect half cab" and the mounting section to the windshield is all wavy, has multiple holes punched in it and needs to be replaced. Does anyone make a replacement piece? Can it be cut out and another piece welded in place?
Really frustrating.
Thanks in advance

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA

So this /\/\/\..OR this\/\/\/

Call to see if can get the one piece individually ,,Sure seems to being reproduced/

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Cool, let us know what you find out. I could use a couple myself.