• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half cab top with tonneau cover????

bronco1017

I am thinking of putting a half cab top on my 73 and don't really want to take out the back carpet, seat, speakers etc. so I can go back to topless in the summer. I assume there isn't any vendor who makes one? Anybody have pictures of theirs? Thanks.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 192

asappin

I believe Velocity did one a little while back on one of their builds. It was a sliding retractable cover.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i made one on my old daily many years ago. i took framework from a vinyl style for a f150 and cut it down to fit the size and cab shape. then had a local canvas shop make the cover. was pretty neat. had the arches and all so it shed water in the rain.

nothing avail on the open market that i know of.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
A couple of years ago I asked a local Custom upholstery shop about making mine - $500 - $600 depending on exact final configuration . The roll bar in the back added cost to leave openings and "secured" fastening for that .

BigB

It would be best to go to your local shop. I had one done for an FJ40 I owned and it turned out real good. It was made real tight around the roll bar and I also had a metal bar with an arch bent in it going side to side.

That keeps it real taught to help with rain run off. You could also use fiberglass flat stock which boat cover manufactures use for the same effect.

I had minimal water intrusion and was also only using a bikini top.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I'm sure you can also go to an upholster and just have him make you a cover for the upper part of the bed.

OP
OP
bronco1017

bronco1017

I went to a local shop yesterday and he suggested trying to find one that I could adapt for my needs. I don’t think he really wanted to do it. I will try another shop. Anybody have pictures of theirs?

Juiceman

Contributor
I went to a local shop yesterday and he suggested trying to find one that I could adapt for my needs. I don’t think he really wanted to do it. I will try another shop. Anybody have pictures of theirs?

you might want to try Superior Interiors in Hooksett, NH. It is a bit far from you, but they do all sorts of custom work. I had them replace one of my side soft top windows. You can find them on line. Turnaround time was really good as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bronco1017

bronco1017

Art - you might want to try Superior Interiors in Hooksett, NH. It is a bit far from you, but they do all sorts of custom work. I had them replace one of my side soft top windows. You can find them on line. Turnaround time was really good as well.

Doug not Art but I get why you would think Art was my name. Haha.

Juiceman

Contributor
Doug not Art but I get why you would think Art was my name. Haha.

Duh. Sorry. My bad. Been sick the last few days and I don’t think my brain is functioning correctly. My recommendation of Superior Interiors still good though

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SOMETHING like this Art? ;D

Attachments

• J5.jpg
    J5.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 128

BigB

Have you thought about making a pattern yourself out of an old bed sheet etc?

Pretty easy to do and free plus once you fit it up and look at it you may come up with a design change that you could implement.

Use some clips to hold it on the edge of the body etc and you're good to go.

Taking that to a shop will cut down on their time to fit it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I have more pics someplace. Had an aluminum frame with bows....I even know where it lives now!