• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half cab top with tonneau cover????

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I live in the town where Truxedo is located. They used my measurement and my design for the filler piece that mounts behind the cab. I believe the pictures they used were of my truck..as well as my CAD drawings.

Now... if I could find a part number?��

Deano

Bronco Guru
I made a few over the years but my last one is not for a half cab but would work for one
fc642ffca2315cbb5e375675cfeeca82.jpg

martinphoto

For those that have them or have made them, how do the seal off to the cab to prevent water from coming in?

1970 Palmer

For those that have them or have made them, how do the seal off to the cab to prevent water from coming in?

Upholstery supply stores sell a product called Tonneau cover rail. It's a vinyl strip that get sewn to the material edge. It's the same stuff they use on vintage camper trailer awnings today. This is a newer "improved" version of the old style where they sewn a rope into the edge. This fits into a extruded aluminum channel that would need to be attached to the rear of the roof. You can buy the special extrusion from the tear drop trailer suppliers on line. The extrusions can be shaped by annealing the aluminum.