• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half Cab Woes

BroncoBrandon

I recently traded a set of axels (EB DANA 44 and a Big Bearing 9") for a steel half cab.. im happy with the trade and i gave what i was not using to some one that is building their EB Bronco up.

A friend and I pulled my roll cage and Seats out to put the bulk head in. After putting the seats back in we paced the half cab to on and noticed that the head rests on the PRP bucket seats hit the rear window. I planned to sell the seats and get different ones. The PRP seats are awesome but they cause me to sit to high in the cab and if your taller than 6 foot you have to slouch in the seat to not hit your head. so now i need to find new seats that will actually fit before the top can go on.

the next thing that I noticed was that the holes on the sides don't match up. there is a pin that sticks out the bottom of the top and im not sure if its supposed to be there. also the hole that the pin would go into was filled and one time so that will need to be re drilled.

i placed a bolt in the hole to show how far the holes are off.. Is this a common thing? I was thinking that maybe a a bracket had been removed at one point when the body work was being done by the previouse owner..

GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx
GetAttachment.aspx

OP
OP
B

BroncoBrandon

how do i get the pictures to actually appear in the thread? do i need to save them to my photobucket then try to post it then?

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
PhotoBucket will work. Just copy the img: url and paste in your post. Best thing to do is become a contributor for $12 a year to support the site and post directly from your computer.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I don't have a pin that sticks up but the holes are different depending on the year. My half cab was on when I got it but the PO only drilled some of the holes to put in the bolts. You will probably have to redrill as well.

bronco6769

The pins go into the factory holes and you will have to drill 2 new holes to bolt the top down. I think I had to enlarge to 2 factory holes on mine as well for the pins to fit when I put my half cab on.