• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson bumpers

dgbronc

Loc.
Bainbridge, GA
Anyone have any of there bumpers they are making them for the bronco again. Would like to see some pics and any feedback about quality.
Thanks

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
I've used a number of them. Yes they are still making them. Good group of guys. Owner of the co owns a bronco too
They are well made

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nicely made. The owner is very nice as well. Protofab is also a good shop and builds very nice bumpers

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Love that U15GLKoxxxx modeling them

Attachments

• hanson$_57.jpg
    hanson$_57.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 369

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Great Bumpers! The front one is like the one they make now, the rear one on my Bronco is a one off built in '96 when Wayne had the company.

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

Bferrari

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

IMG_6616.jpg IMG_6617.jpg IMG_6618.jpg IMG_6619.jpg IMG_6620.jpg IMG_6621.jpg

Great quality, great product. Call and talk to Steve, great guy!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Here is a new Hanson bumper that I had Wayne put a few of his old school additions on, two years ago...

It still is a quality product...

Attachments

• Hanson Front2.jpg
    Hanson Front2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 350

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a hanson bumper with a protofab tire carrier. I would buy it already installed.

Attachments

• IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 250

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Here are my ProtoFab bumpers that Mike made a few weeks ago

1212150936_zps7owobohw.jpg

1213151243_zpsncio5gax.jpg

1213151244a_zpseeewhbx6.jpg

Bferrari

Those are the bumpers I'm going with. Did you order the spare tire or make that yourself Bferrari?

They have modular type carriers that they offer with their bumpers so that you can mount a spare tire, jerry can, etc. When I ordered mine I had Steve include only the bottom portion of the carrier, and had it lengthened to latch past the center of the bumper. I did this because I plan on running a spare tire on it but wanted it located in the center of the vehicle. The latch mechanisms they use work really well. They are the bear claw type and operate really smooth. I will fab my own riser and mounting plate.

Attac

Contributor
I really like the Hanson bumpers and frankos pic is what sold me on them. But when I called it was about 2 months out to get the set. So then I found Duff tuff bumpers and I really like them a lot. So much we are putting another set on my sons bronco as well. Plus they are way closer to me so shipping was cheaper. You can't go wrong with duff, profab or Hanson. Prob depends on the look that you want. Oh duffs set my bumper up to work with a 1" body lift so that was a plus with me also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 218

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Hanson and Protofab are both very good products. It would be personal choice to what you think looks better.

Considering that Hanson and Protofab are competitors (friendly)
I don't think you are going to find an off the shelf Hanson bumper with a Protofab tire carrier. You have to order both parts from each of the suppliers and have them welded together.

powers4680

I bought Logan's metal 4x4 bumper front and rear very similar to the Hansen bumper but a lot cheaper. It took them a while to build them, but there work was outstanding.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I bought Logan's metal 4x4 bumper front and rear very similar to the Hansen bumper but a lot cheaper. It took them a while to build them, but there work was outstanding.

I've installed Hanson, Protofab, Baile Bilt and Logan's (as well as some others).

Logan's are not even in the same league as Hanson in design, style, weld quality, fit, etc.

Hanson and Protofab are my two favorites and have always fit and worked well.