• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Rear Basic Bumper Fit

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Can anyone verify a Hanson Basic Rear Bumper (without rack) allows the factory spare tire rack to be used?

Hanson claims they are compatible, up to 33" tires, but I have not seen one photo yet of a Hanson rear and stock mount with any tire.

My spare tire is 1/2" from the factory bumper, and Hanson's look to be deeper front to back. Plus the "D" ring appears to be about where the tire will hit it.

A picture would be worth about $1,238.00 :D

Thx!

stus70brc

Contributor
Here's my plan Hanson bumper,hope this helps! I'm looking at changing it out with another bumper with a spare tire rack!

Attachments

• stuarts bronco 035.jpg
    stuarts bronco 035.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 156

OB Bronco

Loc.
Orange Beach
stus70brc: If you decide to get rid of that rear bumper let me know. I live in Orange Beach. If you know of anyone locally that has a solid set of doors or hood let me know. Thanks!

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Stu -- pay somebody to add a rack, or use one of those 2" receiver spare tire holders with hinge and put a locking pin in the receiver hole. Don't give up that beautiful bumper!

OP
OP
No Hay

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Here's my plan Hanson bumper,hope this helps! I'm looking at changing it out with another bumper with a spare tire rack!

I spoke with a guy at Hanson named Steve today, and he said sure it fits, look at the blue one on our website on the beach. It looks like it's your ride!! Again, no factory rack on it. From this view, the bumper looks even thicker front to back.

My factory bumper measures 1 1/4" from center of top bolt, to rear vertical edge. Is your Hanson much more than that?

Thx!

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Kevin, buy the bumper,if it doesn't fit put a body lift on ,then bigger tires to fill the wheelwells ,then gears to turn those bigger tires and a overdrive trans to keep the R's down. By the time you get finished the cost of the Hansen will be nominal. Sorry I can't be of any real assistance.

jbawall

Contributor
Loc.
Edgewood, Washington
Kevin, buy the bumper,if it doesn't fit put a body lift on ,then bigger tires to fill the wheelwells ,then gears to turn those bigger tires and a overdrive trans to keep the R's down. By the time you get finished the cost of the Hansen will be nominal. Sorry I can't be of any real assistance.

That got a big belly laugh out of me! Soooo true!

OP
OP
No Hay

No Hay

Bronco Guru

HA! Thanks for the help Mike! :D