• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hard Top missing parts

johns_bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City
I borrowed this pic, but it does have a shot of what i'm looking for. The corner part that is hanging down. I suppose this bolts down for extra security for the top, and to support the lift gate latches.

Where can I find these? I really would like to find either new or used. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Often times them posts become misaligned and/or rusted on..regardless they're sure a pain when taking the top off or on. A lot of guys just cut them off flush, or totally remove them.

Use good bolts that attach the top to the bed and you're set!

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
No one reproduces them you will have to buy a good used set. Post up in the wanted section you might get lucky some guys just throw them away which is sad because they do add a lot of strength to the top in the back. Someone swapping over to a soft top might be will to sell.

OP
OP
J

johns_bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City
Thanks for the suggestions!

Now that I know these are not available aftermarket I will start searching elsewhere and I've contacted DelcoNick as a starting point. Thanks!!

navalbronco66

Often times them posts become misaligned and/or rusted on..regardless they're sure a pain when taking the top off or on. A lot of guys just cut them off flush, or totally remove them.

Use good bolts that attach the top to the bed and you're set!

What he said..also here is good reading on one member's fix. Seems like they cause more problems than they fix. I'll do without them once I install my top.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248613