• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hard top storage

Maggi

Hi guys,

Been a while since my last post , wonder what you guys have done to store your hard top thinking I want to raise it off the floor of the garage I have it on a 2x4 frame under the rails with cross beams should eyehooks into the hoist would heavy duty ratchet straps be able to hold it up, or would using a a Piully system with a boat hand crack whinch to raise and lower it be better

Thanks
Maggi

marshall godron

Contributor
Not sure how high you want to get it?? Ratchet straps will only raise it a little bit. Where pulleys would get it up in the rafters Now yes if you could use a boat crank that would work. I have heard of people using a Jeep hard top storage system Google Jeep hard top storage I hope that helps

Bogar

I have a Lange Originals hoist made specifically for the bronco and it gets the job done, but more spendy than if you assembled your own package.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Motorcycle tie down straps get it into position up high very easily. Then hang with chain to sleep better at night. Cheap and doesn't take much time. I've always removed and installed by myself. Raising each corner 2"-3" at a time, you're done in minutes. It would take longer waiting for a friend to come over and help ;D

Attachments

• One Last Time.JPG
    One Last Time.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Bronco 2.JPG
    Bronco 2.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 136

GloNDark

Motorcycle tie down straps get it into position up high very easily. Then hang with chain to sleep better at night. Cheap and doesn't take much time. I've always removed and installed by myself. Raising each corner 2"-3" at a time, you're done in minutes. It would take longer waiting for a friend to come over and help ;D

This is what I do with mine. Motorcycle straps are the way to go. I can remove and install my hardtop by myself in about an hour total this way.

My new garage is lower than my garage at my old house. So I lowered the top all the way to the ground and made a "dolly" with some harbor freight wagon wheels. I lifted up the front of the top and rolled it over to the side yard where i put some 4x8 blocks of wood under it.

willtel

I have something like No Hay.

Unistrut mounted to the ceiling of the garage and trolleys in the Unistrut to allow it to slide back out of the way. Motorcycle straps work fine for me you just have to be careful lowering it.

Hardtop Hoist by willtel, on Flickr

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Lots of folks have done this... good option

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
There's also a dolly type thing that was built for heep top could be used I believe Maggi..

Do a search on this subject in the Chat section