• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removing Hard Top and Storage

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Nice, post some pictures when you get it done. By the way, I got one of those metal sheds to put my wifes crap in. ;)

If it were only that easy. Wife's got a nice 8ft by8ft shed. We stocked that sucker with all her Halloween and Christmas decor. I think it's time for me to "accidentally" throw stuff away or break stuff.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission!%)

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Your pic has inspired me. I don't have a tall, long or spacious garage. I'm going to create a huge dolly like contraption. ...QUOTE]

That's what I did with scrap lumber and a couple of furniture dolly's I rarely use to store my half cab.

Easy to roll around and get out of the way if I need the space for something else. One strap keeps it very secure.

Unknown

Contributor
Hardtop storage.

I threw together a mobile platform too. Top bolts to 2x6 material then is stood up, work great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 81

BroncoMabry

Some more specs on this would be great! Pics accompanied would be awesome, too!

Check out the installation pdf for a Jeep CJ hard top stand on Quadratec. This will show you exactly how to build it. Some 2x4's, casters & indoor/outdoor carpet. Just need to change the dimensions to accommodate the difference in the width & height of our tops vs the Jeep top. I believe ours are a little wider & not as tall. I plan to build one of these for next Spring.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/77184.pdf

bc65cf22e21dd93421b730ed140328fc.jpg

They charge $200 for these. Should be able to build one with all new parts for $30 or less.

MB Buggy

Has anyone tried the: Smittybilt Hard Top Hoist?

I just moved and don't have the time to re-engineer what I put in at the old place....

Attachments

• top 1.jpg
    top 1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 99
  • top 2.jpg
    top 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 76
  • top 3.jpg
    top 3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 84
  • top 4.jpg
    top 4.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 77

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
Removing and installing the top repeatedly over the years caused some damage the rear of my '75 at the seam. I deleted the seam during my restoration. Be careful to pull straight up or remove the guide stakes through the taillights after unbolting them so as not to damage the body. If you wobble them too much, you will separate the body at the seam. Mine is now solid metal all the way without any seam at all.

Attachments

• 0199f7b7412a31a87e19f91f350e3f9712590d4389.jpg
    0199f7b7412a31a87e19f91f350e3f9712590d4389.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 65