• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hardtop removal w/ liner ideas

ckirchoff

Hello all,

There are quite-a-few Bronco genesis here, so I thought I would ask a hardtop removal question. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to not have to take the front part of the liner off to get to the windshield bolts?

I went with the fiberglass liner from Bronco Hut. The liner is real nice, but no that companies customer service might be the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. I was thinking about using my Dremel and notching out around the bolts with the bottom wide enough to get a wrench around the nut. Sounds like a good idea in my mind, but who knows. With fiberglass, if I do this, there’s no turning back... so I thought I would ask the Bronco experts.

Love to hear/see some ideas

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
It's been awhile since I unbolted a top but I would think that you could put nutserts in the top or tack weld them.

TheLimeRanger

i just took mine off and left the factory liner intact. there was enough give in the factory headliner for me to be able to do it. i also took the wiper motor off.