• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hardtop Removal

Jaxgtc

I have to say that is really well conceived. With the EB tailgate, you probably can't get in close enough to get the right center of gravity. I picture it being front heavy. The structural integrity of the sheet metal would be another concern. It is very cool though.

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
I emailed to see if they will just sell the EZ Lift Brackets from ironhorsebronco

Wow, that was quick! Neil will sell just the EZ lift brackets for $75 + $12~ for shipping.

Last edited:

NYC Bronco

Toplift: they make a version with another gear to support heavier tops like a Bronco.

I built a wood caster cart that I can lower the top onto and then flip it up on to the liftgate similar to the IronHorse....the problem. My garage has a low ceiling and I didn't that into account. I don't have enough clearance to make the flip.

now I'm thinking of reworking it so it flips over to the side versus the liftgate. I just don't know if there is enough structural integrity in the top for that, I'm worried about flex and said flex breaking the side window.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
.the problem. My garage has a low ceiling and I didn't that into account. I don't have enough clearance to make the flip.

Can you roll the cart outside flip it up then roll it back in? just a thought.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
bolt the top to the wood then it will stay in place. gotta have the lift gate down and closed so gravity doesnt try to force out of square.

NYC Bronco

bolt the top to the wood then it will stay in place. gotta have the lift gate down and closed so gravity doesn't try to force out of square.

I'll have to think about that approach. I am using a come along to "tie it down" to this caster I built.