• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

has anybody used this shock mount???

1970mule

Bronco Guru
maybe pm this guy, i know he has a coilover but maybe he might help. i have 7100s too and i am trying to see the best way to mount them. by the way what is your valving set for your 7100 for front and back?

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
maybe pm this guy, i know he has a coilover but maybe he might help. i have 7100s too and i am trying to see the best way to mount them. by the way what is your valving set for your 7100 for front and back?

its been so long since I bought them I forgot the rears ROCK! I have them inboard to fit my huge back spacing.

bronco027-2.jpg

and I currently have crappy old sky jackers on the front see how much the rear flex's compared to the front.

bronco081.jpg

bronco082.jpg

I was going to use F250 mounts but these look way better.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
br0nc0xrapt0r - This is totally off the subject but I love your bumper sticker! I gotta get one of those.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
why pay extra for something that is essentially an f250 mt.?

because this mount looks much stronger and I plan to run coil overs later on, these seem to meet both needs at a similar cost.

br0nc0xrapt0r - This is totally off the subject but I love your bumper sticker! I gotta get one of those.

check out sgt grit's web site its full of great stickers for real patriots.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I have F250 mounts and my 7100's bolt right up. If your planning to upgrade later on, then just bolt the shock mounts on, then you have a clean slate when you upgrade. I know of a couple of Bronco's running the superduty mounts that are only bolted on, I haven't heard of them having any problems with them. If your concerned about the frame strength you could always weld a 1/4" plate to the frame for added 'bite'.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Those shock mounts definitely have the cool factor. Your 7100's are not the short bodies, and with a 22" collapsed length, you'll need a mounting height of 18" above the bottom of the frame. And thats with 4" bump stops. The F-250 mounts and the Ballistic mounts are both 14" long, so either will need to be modified (lengthened) to work. If your not running a 3" body lift, you'll need to cut your fenderwells. I have the short body 14's and they just fit under my fenders with a 2" body lift.
Mark

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Those shock mounts definitely have the cool factor. Your 7100's are not the short bodies, and with a 22" collapsed length, you'll need a mounting height of 18" above the bottom of the frame. And thats with 4" bump stops. The F-250 mounts and the Ballistic mounts are both 14" long, so either will need to be modified (lengthened) to work. If your not running a 3" body lift, you'll need to cut your fenderwells. I have the short body 14's and they just fit under my fenders with a 2" body lift.
Mark

yeah we had had this discussion at fab fords I think, I don't want to hack up two f250 mounts there has to be a better way.

this looks ok

http://bluetorchfab.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=262

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
That what I thought when I opened the link. If you have a good part counterman at the sealership you can get new ones for about $10-12 a side.

yeah I am gonna try the ford dealership in the town here but I am not holding my breath.