• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hauling a bronco, a tub, and a bunch of parts on a 16' trailer?

barrelroll

Loc.
Marquette, MI
Anyone ever do it? I'm looking at picking up a complete bronco, a tub, and a bunch of body parts. I've got a 16' trailer and a long box truck. I'm thinking all the parts would fit in the bronco though i'm not sure what to do about the tub. I'd ideally like to fit em all on the trailer because they have to get shipped over to beaver island on a ferry and if I can leave my truck on the mainland i'll save close to $200.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I dont see how you could get the Bronco and tub on a 16ft trailer. It would definately take some figuring and probably stacking to get it all on it.

OP
OP
B

barrelroll

Loc.
Marquette, MI
I'm thinking i'll need to do some stacking, also i think i'm getting a frame with the parts pile though that should fit underneth. I'm wondering about stacking the tub in front of the running bronco kinda at an angle.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If the Bronco does not have a top you could fold down the windshield and stack the tub on top. Maybe put some 4x4 lumber between them?

hammer

Bronco Guru
And if it does have a top chuck it in the back of the truck.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
How long is your truck bed?
Is the tub just the firewall back?
The tub may fit in your truck bed (at an angle).

OP
OP
B

barrelroll

Loc.
Marquette, MI
The running/ driving bronco does have a top on it though the top could probably get put onto the tub and stacked. If i can get everything on the trailer I'll save close to $200 in ferry fees. I have an 8' bed, not sure if the tub has the front clip support on it or not. I know what ever way I go i'm going to look like the beverly hill billies.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I took some 4x4's with me when I picked up my '70 (& spare tub). Put the '70 on the trailer with all the other misc. stuff then put the 4x4's across the bed, set the extra tub on top and tied her down. Just try an avoid any hairpin corners and you will be fine.

Shawn