• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Have a 1977 bronco want to make the rear fenders original uncut

Iwannagofast

Contributor
I found a bronco that I want but the only thing holding me back on it is that the rear fenders are cut. Is there any "easy" fix to bring the rear cut fenders back to factory stock style? I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you. -Ryle

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
You could buy new lower quarters, cut out the missing pieces and weld them in the old quarters. Some (by some I mean a lot of) body work will be required. That's probably the easiest way. There are no quarters made with gas doors.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Exactly what I did. Bought new panels, then welded in (by a body shop pro) my old gas doors into them. Worked. The only issue is new quarter panels don't fit exactly like the OEMs. With a lot of tweaking they are as good as they will get. That being said I have seen stock quarter panels from ford that look terrible:)

Attachments

• IMG_4597.JPG
    IMG_4597.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4592.JPG
    IMG_4592.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 67
  • rollage.jpg
    rollage.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 86
  • paintsatin2.jpg
    paintsatin2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 73

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
My tub was uncut, but both lower quarters had lots of rust and some dents, so I did replace both sides. For me it was easiest to replace the whole lower panel. I am not skilled enough to patch in a section. I know my limitations. I did have to cut the hole for my gas filler and the marker light. It is some work to replace a panel, but was not as bad as say replacing the cowl. I took my plasma cutter and grinder with cut off wheel to cut out the old panel. Cutting just beside (inside) the seam all the way around. Then with the grinder (with grinding wheel) I kept grinding the spot welds until the metal feathered off. You could use a spot weld cutter, but you end up with lots of holes. By grinding the metal until it feathered off I did not have all the holes. As you go you will start to get a feel for it and see the spot welds. Then lots of tweaking to get things lined up.

http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/gary__seven/slideshow/Bronco quarter panel install

QuarterPanelDS_1_zpswkjshno2.jpg

QuarterPanelDS_6_zpsim5raadg.jpg

QuarterPanelDS_3_zpsfeysznsf.jpg

IMG_2256_zps3xcoygt8.jpg

77OregonBronco

I'm also going back to uncut on my 77. I have grafted the fuel fuller doors back onto the new lower quarter, but the lower quarter panel gap grows as you move up the taillight panel (maybe 3/16" gap at top). Has anyone else experienced this? - Eric