• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headers: Wildhorses vs. BC Broncos

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Can anyone tell me differences between Wildhorses and BC Broncos shorty headers? Not talking finish, size? outlet location? manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.

latrucker

Contributor
Just purchased a set from BC Broncos, from what i gather they are made by JBA. They had the biggest opening on the flange to accommodate wide exhaust ports on my AFR165's. All others would interfere with exhaust flow on my exhaust ports. Very nice headers, 1 5/8" primaries were a big plus for me also. Haven't mounted them yet so can speak about location and fit.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
I have the BCB headers and as long as you don't have GT40P heads they work fine. Couple of the bolts are tough but you can do it. I did recently put the ceramic boot plug wires because one or two were close but I like them.

BroncoKelley

Loc.
Billings, Montana
I have a set from W/H. I'm pretty sure they are made by JBA and have the 1 1/2" primaries. I bought these because they have the ball and socket flanges and come with 02 sensor bungs/plugs in the pipes that attach to the headers. All the holes lined up and the only grinding I had to do was on the driver's side motor mount bracket (took the square edge off) that's it! Had customer 2 1/14" pipes bent into a Y-pipe and have all kinds of room to work! Very happy!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BroncoKelley can you post up some pics of your setup? Thanks, Mark

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Unless you have some AFR 165's like latrucker then the BC headers may be expensive overkill. Most sbf's cannot really take advantage of the larger primaries.
But if you need the larger primaries then they are one of the only games in town.

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I have the WH shorty headers on my 74 with a 302 , and they are made by JBA.I'm pretty happy with them, they are the stainless headers.

BroncoKelley

Loc.
Billings, Montana
I bought the SS Y-pipe and SS collector off ebay and had all the pipes bent in SS and welded up. I wanted to be able to take the y-pipe off without having to mess with the rest of the exhaust system. Sorry no pics of the headers, I just bought the SS instead of the polished.

Attachments

• IMG_2889.jpg
    IMG_2889.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2887.jpg
    IMG_2887.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2884.jpg
    IMG_2884.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 109

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Kelley. How does it sound? Does give a lot of room under there. I like it.

BroncoKelley

Loc.
Billings, Montana
Thanks Kelley. How does it sound? Does give a lot of room under there. I like it.
Actually not bad at all considering it is a 2-chamber flowmaster. It doesn't really get loud until about 3,000 rpms, so around town and trails it's pretty mellow, but 70mph and she's barking!!

OsideDave

I am happy with my BCB Headers. Put them on in 2008/9 and no issues, no leaks. Had to get a shorty type header when I added STaK tcase.

ransil

Bronco Guru
JBA headers is not the old JBA headers , JBA sold off the headers to
Copyright © 2015 Pertronix Performance Products