• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headers with the best flow

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Does anyone know who makes the best flowing headers. I can't seem to find anyone with a larger primary tube. I am going to put a M-6007-D347SR sealed race motor from Ford Racing in my Luber and I don't want to choke it out with an inferior header. Thanks in advance.

Miker

Bronco Guru
Fender wells baby!!! - naw, not really sure, but man o' man, I love my old school Hooker long pipes.

There's a bunch of wise one's on here that will speak specifics over preferences. Like I just did. Come to think of it, I'm sorry you had to waste your time reading my post.

mattt

Bronco Guru
All of the Bronco specific headers I found were 1.5" tube, other than the BC headers that are 1 5/8" tube. I ended up going with the BC's even though they are kinda short....a long(er) tube tri-Y 1 5/8" is what I think the Bronco needs.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Keep in mind, any good/ old school hotrod type exhaust shop should be able to custom make you a set of headers so don't feel like you're limited to the off the shelf stuff. Might actually be pretty reasonable on price as well when priced with a complete exhaust system.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Keep in mind, any good/ old school hotrod type exhaust shop should be able to custom make you a set of headers so don't feel like you're limited to the off the shelf stuff. Might actually be pretty reasonable on price as well when priced with a complete exhaust system.

I looked into it...be ready to break off a couple thousand for custom headers.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
WOW! Wouldn't have thought it'd be that much. The shop that did my exhaust in Socal built headers too and I got the impression it wasn't that much. 'Course, I already had JBA SS shorties on so didn't look at it that hard.

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
WOW! Wouldn't have thought it'd be that much. The shop that did my exhaust in Socal built headers too and I got the impression it wasn't that much. 'Course, I already had JBA SS shorties on so didn't look at it that hard.

I have some JBA Ceramic Shorties that measure 1 5/8". How do you like them? What are you pushing through them?

VT_Don

You want some of those thru the hood zoomies like the tractor pullers have. Man that would look killer.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
You want some of those thru the hood zoomies like the tractor pullers have. Man that would look killer.

Ya you could add some clinkers too!

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
I have some JBA Ceramic Shorties that measure 1 5/8". How do you like them? What are you pushing through them?

I like them ALOT especially since I pulled them off a junkyard F-150 for $35 for the pair! Mild 69 302, quadrajet, edelbrock performer 289 intake. Gonna step up to some GT40 heads soon w/ Ford racing pedestal mount roller rockers & see if I can wake her up a bit more.

I went from my tired 302 to a fresh one my bud gave me, edelbrock 4 barrel to the qjet, stock manifolds & dual exhaust to the jba Shorties & 2 into 1. Not sure how much the headers helped with all the changes at once but I can tell you its an ENTIRELY different truck!

68ford

Bronco Guru
if you can afford them......
Ford%20Custom%20Headers.JPG

Custom%20Headers%20Ford.JPG

tri%20Y%20Merge%20Collectors.JPG

been seeing more and more collectors just like this on very high end race vehicles, nascar included.

mattt

Bronco Guru
Are the JBA's you guys have "Bronco" headers or some other application that works with or without mods? I think JBA is who makes the headers for both Wild Horses and BC.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Are the JBA's you guys have "Bronco" headers or some other application that works with or without mods? I think JBA is who makes the headers for both Wild Horses and BC.

They are made to fit Broncos.

I don't think JBA makes them anymore, Pertronics owns the JBA header line now along with a bunch of other brands.