• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headers

Khorne11

Loc.
Porterville, CA
I am looking at going with the BC Broncos headers. It just seems like they have the best fit for the Broncos. However, the cost is considerably higher than the Wild Horses or Toms. Would most recommend paying the extra? 302 V8

Thanks!

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
I ordered them before I saw that Wild Horses sold a set also and they are cheaper.

But BC sells an exhaust that bolts right up to them at a reasonable if not cheap price so it kinda balances out.

I just hope their coating holds up and doesnt rust here in Michigan.

barronj

Bronco Guru
BC headers are the only headers made that are 1 5/8". ALL the rest are 1 1/2", excluding the fenderwell exit headers that very few people run.

You can grow in to the BC headers, if you have to. They will also accomodate a 351. Add to that the exhaust they sell with it that you can install in your driveway (for cheap too), and it's hard not to go with them.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I run hooker headers as well but mine are no longer availible but I like the 1 5/8" tubes I think they make a big differance. maybe even more so with shortys I'd almost consider BC headers as mid lenghts but what ever. If I had to get another set I would probably go with BC. ceramic coating helps a lot the price is worth it IMO.
Plus I dont think BC would inflate there HP gains to much so any gain is worth the money.

rubywoofs

Loc.
Southlake
I ordered the BC headers + 2-1 exhaust w muffler around a month ago, but don't have them yet. I went that direction because of the dyno charts Chuck has on his site and in the hope that they're relatively easy to bolt on. Once I get them (which I hope is any day now), I'll post back on install and whether I can tell a difference by the seat of my pants.

Ruby

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

I went with Hedman ceramic coated headers from Summit. They were on sale when I ordered them about a year ago. Besides, no one else I checked with at the time had everything in stock. (Summit is almost always next day delivery even if I order late in the day.)

There were no problems with the install... other than removal of the old headers.

Good luck.

Jeff

barronj

Bronco Guru
I ordered the BC headers + 2-1 exhaust w muffler around a month ago, but don't have them yet. I went that direction because of the dyno charts Chuck has on his site and in the hope that they're relatively easy to bolt on. Once I get them (which I hope is any day now), I'll post back on install and whether I can tell a difference by the seat of my pants.

Ruby

With my perceived demand for their headers, I don't see why you should ever have to wait for them. I would have 20 extra sets on hand at any given time, in my dream world.

I went with Hedman ceramic coated headers from Summit. They were on sale when I ordered them about a year ago. Besides, no one else I checked with at the time had everything in stock. (Summit is almost always next day delivery even if I order late in the day.)

Is Summit a publicly traded company? I bet their stock performs just like they do- clockwork.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
It all depends on your setup. What engine combo are you running? You might be ok with stock manifolds.

OP
OP
Khorne11

Khorne11

Loc.
Porterville, CA
It all depends on your setup. What engine combo are you running? You might be ok with stock manifolds.

I have an Edelbrock RPM Performer Manifold. I know it is very tight around the right side of the engine bay (to remove header). I was hoping to get something pretty quick 4+ weeks...uggghhh :)

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
In a dream world I would always have 1 set of header in stock. I used to have trouble getting my headers made in a reasonable time. After putting up with missed delivery dates for several years I moved to JBA who makes my header design now. Their sales pitch was "we are big enough to be able to always be able to ship in 3 weeks". And they did the first 2 orders. Then they were bought out and the time is still 3 weeks but now it's 3 weeks plus 3 weeks plus? The order that you guys are waiting for now is a week into the third 3 weeks. 7 weeks ago when we ordered headers we still had 10 sets in stock. We order 50 sets at a time and as soon as this set comes in we will reorder. I am also looking for a new header shop. The first place went out of business and I lost my 1.75" prototype headers so I need to start over anyway.
PS, the dyno was done on a stock truck 351w with stock manifolds, duel 2.25" exhaust and cheery bombs. I was not at with the truck when the dyno was done so had no input about the dyno. If you have ever been to a dyno shop you know the only input from the driver is to push the gas peddle to get the RPMS the operator requires. All other inputs and info is done by the operator.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Sanderson headers had my gt40p headers on the shelf when no one else did. I can't say enough about them. They are beautiful and REALLLLLLLLY well built.

backpain

Bronco Guru
BC headers are the only headers made that are 1 5/8". ALL the rest are 1 1/2", excluding the fenderwell exit headers that very few people run. . . . .

except for Hedman Elite's, but they are long tubes (and probably not sold by any of the vendors)

backpain

Bronco Guru
this search on Summit shows the Hedman Elites as being 1.5"

Hooker apparently offers 1 5/8", but I'm almost positive that these will not run inside the frame rails.

Yeah, just checked Hedman also. You are right.

Not sure what I was thinking . . went through this when ordering a few years ago, but apparently remembered incorrectly. Thanks for the correction.

I BELEIVE the Hookers with 1 5/8 are indeed the fender well style (outside the rails)

reddog3006

Loc.
North La.
headers

I used BC broncos shortys on my 75, stock 302 auto w/ koenig pto. get what you pay for . they are quality. reduced under hood temps too.run 2-1/4" pipe with flowmasters . not loud .

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Just out of curiousity will the jbg ultraflows work with a 351w or would the ceramic coated hedmans be a better choice? Not trying to high jack just curious. I have a cheap set of painted proflows for my 302 but that motors out now and the 351 is goin in... And i really like long tubes so yeah..

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sanderson headers had my gt40p headers on the shelf when no one else did. I can't say enough about them. They are beautiful and REALLLLLLLLY well built.
I just looked at the Sanderson headers. They are 16 ga 1.5" tubes. Not the same but you mostly won't notice the diff.. But have you installed them yet? I was thinking they will not fit the EB. the add says that they will not fit with the mid crossmember and that is where the EB motor mounts are. Anyway someone on the LEBC list was asking if they would fit. Let me know and I will pass it along.