• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlight adjustment?

sbolejack

Loc.
Rogers, AR
I know years ago I saw a headlight adjustment graph on the wall of an old garage that was used for adjusting headlights to the proper angle for low/high beams. I guess at a certain distance from the wall you could quickly adjust your lights to the angle to get the most out of the lights without blinding oncoming traffic.

I know i can do a little trial and error one evening, but does anyone know the proper way to adjust the headlights?

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Trial and error worked for me. As I recall from HS auto shop, 20 years ago with some very basic aiming tools, the end goal was to have both lights focused a little right of center so as to not shine too brightly into oncoming traffic. They are also pointed down a little so as to not blind someone in front of you. I just did trial and error inside my garage, drove around a while one night and made sure nobody was flashing their brights at me. Been running like that for years, no issues. They are easy enough to tilt and aim, just do it until it looks good to you when driving at night.