• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlight bulb check on istall and adjustment

richea33

Just wanted to pass on a recent experience. I purchased a new set of LMC "Custom Headlights" with their harness and struggled with adjustments after install. The lights seemed to shine too far down and in a oblong pattern. Just took a closer look and discovered the bulbs were actually misaligned in the housing (they were pointing a bit down), removed the lamp and adjusted the bulb by pulling out on the spring retainer and re-seating the bulb into the lamp housing. The bulbs were like this out of the box and I doubt it happened during shipping. No doubt this happened at manufacturer and neither the vendor nor I could see the issue without close examination. The headlights and harness are a great upgrade and I am not sure why it took me so long to get to it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good call. Just ran into that myself, with an '04 Buick using the 9006 bulbs.
One side just didn't look right. Looked down inside there and you could clearly see that the bulb was incorrectly seated and angled well to one side.

Of course, that was all the excuse I needed to upgrade to some GE Platinums.
Works great now.

Paul