• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headlight switch wiring Painless

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
So my painless instructions don't seem to match the actual switch or any of the wiring diagrams available. Am I doing something wrong?

Which one do I follow?

Attachments

• PXL_20230124_202352319.jpg
    PXL_20230124_202352319.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230124-132342.png
    Screenshot_20230124-132342.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 13

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you using the switch that came with the Painless harness, or one you had in the Bronco already?
I'm pretty sure that the original switches are no longer available in large quantities at lower prices, so most companies sell an "upgraded" switch from '80's and newer Fords. Maybe check the diagrams for newer Ford trucks to see if it matches what you have?

The default is to use the Painless instructions with their switch. But if a supplier changed the design again, or they accidentally shipped the wrong switches in the kit, this might explain any discrepancies between their diagrams and their switches.

If you're running the switch that was in the Bronco already, perhaps because it was fairly new and known to work, that could easily explain why the diagram does not match.

Paul

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I bought my switch from wild horses, it is exactly like the one in the painless diagram. I guess I'll follow their instructions and maybe blow a few fuses along the way 😉.
THX,
JB