• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hearthrob/ LMC Truck dual exhaust

dtm030

Loc.
Jax Beach
So some of you have probably done this before but I thought I would just let everyone know about the dual exhaust that you can buy from LMC Truck or Hearthob exhaust.

It is very reasonably priced and comes as a kit that anyone can put together in their driveway and best of all it's made in the USA.

I made a couple of little mods to the kit like the fact that they had it set up to turn out the sides behind the rear tires, where instead I cut it off to face straight out the back. I know I need to straighten then to match up better.
preview_image_1_6605132x_zps999eac48.jpg

This is all the stuff pulled out of the boxes, notice the mandrel bent piping all nicely finished.
52CD0401-747E-490E-B008-E081A1EC3DD7-3927-00000425FFCDE53B_zps7ddf4fd8.jpg

The this is the side view which you can see it tucks up nicely in beside the frame rails.
preview_image_0_30301012x_zps29f3adbc.jpg

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that the rear side exits were so low. anyway it sounds great and quietened it down a lot from the glass packs that were on there.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Not to rain on the parade but I think you'll regret eliminating the side exit. A lot of discussion about rear vs side on these boards and side wins hands down.

Besides that it looks like a real nice kit, really like the mandrel bends.

What was the damage (to the wallet) on the kit.

Jim W.

marshall godron

Just curious, how much clearance between you're axle and the tail pipe? From the angle of the pic it looks like it will hit when fully compressed. Marshall%)

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
Looks like the LMC kit sells for around $299 w/turbo mufflers. Duff has a similar kit, but with the CHERRYBOMB Pro muffler(exactly like a Flowmaster 40 series). This kit is designed to work with our headers, but we also offer a kit to make it fit the stock manifolds(additional $30) and the kit is all mandrel bend.

http://www.dufftuff.com/Mandrel_Dual_Exhaust_Cherry_Bomb_Pro_p/3090 pro.htm
Note: That is not the PRO series muffler in the picture. We also offer a kit w/turbo mufflers.

http://www.dufftuff.com/Dual_Exhaust_66_75_Early_Classic_Bronco_Aluminized_p/3090.htm

OP
OP
dtm030

dtm030

Loc.
Jax Beach
Just curious, how much clearance between you're axle and the tail pipe? From the angle of the pic it looks like it will hit when fully compressed. Marshall%)

The exhaust goes up high over the axle, up to just under the body so it should have pleanty of room there. I think it's just the pic making it look like its close. Now I'm going to have to double check.

marshall godron

Sorry about that I figured it was just the angle of the pic just dint want it to hit the nice new exhaust ;D