• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LMC Heavy Duty headlight harness

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Does anyone have the color chart for an LMC Heavy Duty wiring harness? I've searched for a while and can't find it. I can't get my low beams to come on, but the high beams work. Grounds are good, I just want to figure out which wires are associated with the low beams. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RonJones

Contributor
I don’t have that vendor’s unit (I have a JBG and a TBP), but I think one relay is used for high and the other for low beams. I’d suggest remove one relay, and if that kills the working beam, then the other circuit is the problem child. You might
also try swapping relays, as those are the only “moving parts” in the harness, and one of those is likely the issue.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
The switch is good, I was hoping it was that easy lol. I get low beam power all the way to the HD harness, both relays click anddd... no low beams lol

RonJones

Contributor
Clicking might not be the best measure of relay function. Typically pin 30 carries the power to be switched to the relay, and pin 87 carries the current from the relay to the accessory, in a normally open circuit, once the relay coil is energized. If you don’t want to try switching the relays, you might consider checking the voltage at those positions to see if power is going from pin 30 to 87.

Attachments

• 6EBD9DC3-FF8F-41E7-BA40-6B4D9DCA1203.png
    6EBD9DC3-FF8F-41E7-BA40-6B4D9DCA1203.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I know thats an option and I guess that'd tell me if it was maybe a ground issue. My dad installed the harness, cut the plug off that was supposed to plug into the existing harness and I want to make sure it got soldered to the correct wires. I'll still give that a shot though. I just installed these lights and want to get the low beams working (low beams haven't ever worked lol)
1e201514be864538239e1bbad684ff99.jpg
9c64b79d68d0d2edf2e9aa1f90237f23.jpg

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi sorry I didn't say jump it just to test it out. Not permanent. The headlight relay system it great. It takes the high amp load off the headlight switch. Good luck

RonJones

Contributor
Given the relay switching didn’t change anything, I think I’d switch the lights and see what that does.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a lot of light! Did you get them working, or was that just the jumper test?

If you still need to know which wire is which on the new harness, I don't know about the new, but whichever circuit the Red w/black wire is connected to is the low-beam circuit.
Green w/black should be high-beam if I'm remembering my colors correctly an don't have them reversed again!
Since you've had it apart and been testing, you probably already know which is which now. But if not you should be able to trace which relay is fed by each of those wires.

Paul

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Well, narrowed it down to a relay. Unfortunately nobody carries that version of the relay so I've decided to change them out to a pair of RL44s. I want to verify I've got the pins correct.

87 hi/lo out (to lights)
85 hi/lo in (from switch)
30 batt pwr
86 GND

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

79INA69

Are your high and low beams coming on at the same time? If the back of your headlamp has a 3 wire set, you should only have power at the leg it is switched to. Originally green is High and red is Low, black is ground. If you put your meter or test light on the ground wire for the harness and probe the other 2 legs, you should only have power at one leg. If you have power on both, then one of your wires at the harness or bulb side has been crossed. You can simply jump the foot switch harness to ensure power is only going through one leg there too.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Its only going thru one leg at the switch, I'll check at the pigtail for the bulb. If its helpful at all I get a loud click for the high beam and a quiet click for low

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are your high and low beams coming on at the same time?

A lot of LED headlights, including his, do this be default, but only when high beam is activated. They should not be both on in low beam mode.

Attachments

• Headlights.jpg
    Headlights.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 8