• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heater/defrost fan

jray

I noticed after we bought our EB a couple of months ago that no air blew out the defrost ducts. I figured the tubes connecting the ducts at the top were gone. Last week I got around to checking it out. The fan motor works, you can hear it on high and low speed, but no air is coming out up top or down at the heater vents. The cable that opens the door to the defroster is working, no air movement. Anybody got any ideas?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Did you check to see if the hose between the heater box and the right intake box behind the fender is clogged up?

ransil

Bronco Guru
did you pull the knob that says "pull for heat" its the one with the fan contril

OP
OP
jray

jray

Yes, I pulled the knob. The temp valve is opening and the flapper works that directs air to the defrost ducts. There is no air flow, top or bottom, like maybe the fan came off as suggested by Kgarris99502. Thought maybe there was a common problem that might get me looking in the right direction. I will check the fan.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Yes, I pulled the knob. The temp valve is opening and the flapper works that directs air to the defrost ducts. There is no air flow, top or bottom, like maybe the fan came off as suggested by Kgarris99502. Thought maybe there was a common problem that might get me looking in the right direction. I will check the fan.

Did you pull the center knob out, the one that is also the fan switch? The defrost/floor flap knob is on the left. The temp knob is on the right. If all three are functioning then you'll have to open it up and see whats going on. Good luck.

OP
OP
jray

jray

OK, I gotcha, I will try that, did not understand that the fan switch knob also pulled out. Hopefully that will do it.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
OK, I gotcha, I will try that, did not understand that the fan switch knob also pulled out. Hopefully that will do it.

Thats gonna take care of it. I learned this the same way, ;D I forgot about the "pull for heat" on the fan switch after my Bronco sat for several years. Then I did the blower motor upgrade and remembered that you have to pull the center knob every time to get any air.
Mark