• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HEI-style cap for a stock distributor

flynylon

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Anybody know where I can find one for my 302? I just got a set of wires, and I realized that they have the HEI-style connector on the dizzy end. I have searched Summit, and all the caps that have HEI connectors seem to be dedicated replacements for aftermarket distributors.

Does anybody know of a distributor cap with HEI connectors that will work on the stock distributor?

(And no, I don't want to change the distributor. I just got an Ignitor III for it.)

Thanks!
mike

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just get a stock 76 up setup you'll need the cap adapter, cap and rotor any parts store should have them as they are stock parts.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
Rotor-Dura Spark F955 Duralast
Cap-Dura Spark F954 Duralast
Dura spark distributor cap adapter F958 Duralast

Autozone

OP
OP
flynylon

flynylon

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I just found that MSD makes a cap, rotor, adaptor kit with brass terminals for $33.99 at Summit.

MSD Ignition Cap-A-Dapts 8414