• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC heim adjustable track bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
I'm looking for one of the older adjustable heim track bars. I believe the stonecrusher use to make them. If the heims are no good, that is not a problem.

snowymtnwolf

I’m also looking for track bar. Not sure if I should weld and adjust mine or buy adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Duff has the option of replacing the adjustable end of their trac bar with a SRE/Heim. But then only one end has a heim the other is still a poly bushing. Which may be good to absorb some road vibrations....

Todd Z here on CB is looking for a trac bar with heims on each end right now.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Serious question. Why do people prefer a trac bar that has a heim joint on both ends?

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Serious question. Why do people prefer a trac bar that has a heim joint on both ends?

I don't know. To me it just makes sense to have a heim on both ends, but I have to admit don't really have a valid reason to support it. I have an old Performance Unlimited set up that has heims on both ends and it drives with zero bump steer and tracks like an arrow, doesn't follow the grooves..and of course is still a bit sloppy in the steering wheel, bc its a Bronco.

FWIW its old late 90s tech, 3in skyjacker coils and other hodge podge stuff I put together.

Attachments

• 20180818_151402.jpg
    20180818_151402.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
snipes243

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
Log story short but, I need the freedom to move on both ends. And ultimately i'm tired of replacing bushings every couple of trips.

bchesley

Get the BC Broncos track bar and cut the bushing end off. It is the same tube that has a heim threaded into the other end. It comes longer than needed anyways.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

I have the Gary Yorston-style trac bar which goes all the way to the steering knuckle and I need a heim on that end because of packaging constraints - a bushing won't fit. I'd prefer a bushing on one end to help with NVH but sometimes we have to make compromises.

Todd Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.