• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello from West Virginia

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Well , It's been awhile since I was in the bronco game I sold off all of my Bronco's and parts about 7-8 yrs ago and built a few other 4 letter ( J**P) vehicles and now I decided to start another Bronco project , boy was I surprised when I went to find one Wow , what the heck happend ?

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
So I have to ask not trying to upset anyone but are they really getting that kind on money out of the EB, or is just a select few ?

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Yes,
A POS is worth 5k these days. And yes, a good solid original truck will get big money, restorations of good quality will sell for 35k to 70k depending on how original or modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Wow , like what happened? That’s awesome if your trying to sell your Bronco, hell at one time I had three of them , and between the three good running Broncos pretty much good condition wasn’t worth much more than 2500 for the three back in the 80s, man did I should have listen to my wife, she told me not to sell all of them you’ll regret it, man was she right.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wow , like what happened?

CA celebrities started driving them.
They showed up in almost every country music video.
One word - ICON.
Flippers came around smelling money.
Two more words: Barrett-Jackson and Mecum.
Ford announced the 2020 Bronco, then just teased.
Hagerty ranks Bronco #1 collector car.

It's been a perfect Bronco storm the last few years. ;D

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Wow , that is or was the perfect storm , I believe that they actually out paced the fastback mustangs. Don’t get me I still love lines of the Bronco it’s been a shock to the system to see what has transpired in just a few years, I’m just trying to find one now is almost impossible with a good price tag it may be just wishful thinking , but the search goes on!

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Here’s the three year chart from Hagerty for ‘77’s.
fc34fad9c68b131f6739ab5025cddc96.png

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
"Life is old there, older than the trees. Younger than the mountains...." Oh sorry....Welcome!!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wow , that is or was the perfect storm , I believe that they actually out paced the fastback mustangs. Don’t get me I still love lines of the Bronco it’s been a shock to the system to see what has transpired in just a few years, I’m just trying to find one now is almost impossible with a good price tag it may be just wishful thinking , but the search goes on!

Don't give up. I recently bought a very solid "low" rust Bronco for under $10K. It was not running when I got it but didn't take too much to get it running well. See my build thread: Patina Build

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Scoop I could definitely work with that 72 Patina, don’t get me wrong that’s awesome that market actually in the up swing for everyone, I’m just going through some sticker shock, but don’t worry I put my big pants on and find something!

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Hello new mountaineer, I seen that , I guess that one of the sticker shocker :eek:, 10k and going to need some love but it looks solid.

Last edited:

Stu7054

They're definitely still out there. I picked up a fiberglass driver 2 years ago for $5k that I've put a couple grand into to clean it up and can drive it daily.
Last year I picked up an unfinished project built to the hill and done right for $8k. I'm hoping to have around $20k into it. It's completely rust free. Both were local to me.
Check them out in my gallery.