• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello from West Virginia

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well , It's been awhile since I was in the bronco game I sold off all of my Bronco's and parts about 7-8 yrs ago and built a few other 4 letter ( J**P) vehicles and now I decided to start another Bronco project , boy was I surprised when I went to find one Wow , what the heck happend ?

haha.. Good luck John! Gas Monkey, slash Publicity effect....

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
Howdy from another W. Virginian. I am from Stephenson, near Beckley, going towards Welch. I wish you luck in finding a good EB. I got mine rust free and running ok for $11,000. Not having to do rust repair is a major plus. I did some suspension work and did repaint and AC. I put in a crate 302 to replace the tired 302 that was in it since 1979. It is a '75 that was used to transport hunters in S. Texas. I probably have close to $35,000 in it over 4-5 years. My insurance company has it appraised at $37,000 before the motor upgrade. I need to do the brakes next. Probably front disks. So, they are not cheap, but a ton of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 27

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
JohnT, I too was out of the bronco world for about as long as you and just recently came back in the last 2/3 months. I posted a thread on here about Bronco prices being high, I think I left the part out about getting people upset because a lot of people were trying to defend to me the price of a bronco nowadays. In my thread a member posted he had a Bronco that he would sell for $5000 that needed a little bit of TLC as it wasn’t in the best of condition. I personal message to this remember to ask about it and get pictures as he was a few states away, and somebody bought it from him while I was trying to contact and the member no longer would answer me. The evil dollar. But as stated above, lots and lots of high dollar people are interested in these vehicles and have the money to pay people to build them on the high dollar budget. And that just takes the price and drives it up even higher. The craigslist listing for the Bronco that you said gave you sticker shock three days ago, is gone. I found this to be the case many many times in my situation. It would be for sale I would find it posted this morning, go to call the guy after work look up the ad to find the phone number and it’s deleted by the author; sold sold sold. I gave up and started repairing a vehicle that we had had for parts that had been stationary for over 30 years. Like you say it’s good for if you’re trying to sell your bronco or if you just want something that’s very very valuable, but to those entering the Bronco market to find a rusted out piece of shit and pay close to 10 grand for it is very hard to swallow. And other people say they got theirs for 2000 and 3000 4000, are just not in my area because I can’t find anything for that price. And the parts, parts are scary high. I’m just saying…
It’s not going to stop me from building a bronco, but it does make it a little bit hard to swallow. Especially when there is a little bit of greed going on. End it does seem like there is a lot of people with a Lotta money nowadays that kind of choked out the common man. I bought a bronco from a guy I called Bronco Mike because he had a bronco his whole life and he kind of mentored me to do the first real build of any the Broncos that I have ever had. Known him for almost 20 years and he’s had a bronco ever since his first vehicle much like myself. I contacted him in response to me looking for a bronco and couldn’t find one for a reasonable price, and he told me he got out of the early bronco suspense, hey said the people were getting more rude and greedy on prices

Tugross302

Hey JohnT. Here’s one my buddy has for sale less than two hours away from you. I don’t know the bronco but I know the guy. I’m not representing it I’m just passing this on. Go look at it and decide for yourself. He’s an honest fellow and he’s sold about 6 in the past month. He said he’s keeping three but thinning down the herd. It’s a ‘74 model automatic. New tires. New motor. Clean WV title and road ready. I’ll let you decide first since this is your thread so PM me for his contact info. I told him I’d try to sell it for him by putting the word out since he doesn’t get on this forum.

Attachments

• C480ED35-AE69-4980-A3E6-AE1BCB17AAC6.jpg
    C480ED35-AE69-4980-A3E6-AE1BCB17AAC6.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 41

Tugross302

Oh. And if JohnT doesn’t PM me in a couple days then I will pass on the info to others in the order I receive PMs. Like I said. I’ve never seen the bronco just trying to help bring together a buyer and seller. Nothing in it for me

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Well in my defense to price I can only say one thing, I can not believe that there is that many people out there buy high priced broncos. I know before I started this thread I watch Broncos on ebay and Craigslist just setting out there for long periods of time with no sale then they repost. Anyways thats enough complaining about prices the reason I started looking into building a bronco was I was tried of seeing nothing but JK builds in the Jeep market , once again go buy a 50k Jeep add another 30K to it then decide your going to take the wife and kids fourwheeling for the first time. What train wreck that ends up being.

msmith

I feel your pain John. I have been trying to get in the EB game since the late 80s. Life and the wife keep getting in the way. I have almost resigned myself to a pasture find just for the title and start there piecing one together to have as a DD. Good luck and if I'll keep you in mind when I run across them. There was a roller for
$17k in Fairmont a few weeks ago on CL but the listing is gone. I feel like I should have at least checked it out.

Stu7054

I would not look to Ebay or Craigslist as an indicator of market price. I would put the word out to friends and family. I found my last one when I went to buy a pair of EB bumpers. The guy had a project in his barn that he hadnt touched in years bc he had a few little kids. Told him to call when he was ready to sell. A year later its in my garage.
They're out there. Stop looking on EBay and keep your eyes and ears open.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tell everyone you know your looking and remind them that your looking. My coworkers have found 4 in my area. None of them for sale but all 4 owners have my name and # in case they change there mind. I didn't even know they existed though and now I do.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
My mailman and UPS delivery guy both knew of several. They make the rounds everyday.........

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Loc.
West Virginia
Yes as far as getting the word out , I have talked to a lot of coworkers to keep there eyes open or if they know of any of them setting around, actually had a lead but it was no longer there, but the thrill of the chase was heart raising. Kinda give me that America Picker feel , I haven’t given up yet, I have a few more leads. Let’s go picking!