• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello Guys, finally feel like my build is worthy to post

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Well I have been silent for some time, absorbing lotse of info, and working on my Bronco. I purchased my 73 Sport from my dad 2 years ago, and have been working on it since. There is still a lot o work to do, and since i work 16 hour shifts it is tuff to get the time to work on her, but she runs now and I am really excited about the direction this project has taken. Figured I would say "hello" with pictures and plans on my build thread. Lemme know whatcha think ^^

p1001008_1_012.jpg

p1001019_1_001.jpg

p1001006_1_014.jpg

Here are the latest pictures:

img00012-20101031-1547.jpg

img00017-20101031-1550.jpg

img00013-20101031-1547.jpg

silverbroncoengine.jpg

I preferred the earlier style turn signals combined with the euro type healights, I have installed a completely new wiring harness, 331 stroker, twin stick shifters, flaming river polished column, dynamat the whole interior, of course the paint is a silver, custom dash panel, harsh bumpers, I do my own powdercoating as well, right now I am workin on getting the fuel system lined out ( I use a radiator fluid bottle to run it) and I am trying to get the C4 tweaked. I am trying to remain organized so I can mount the security console and all without any kind of "do-overs" :)

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
OMG lol, the $72000 thread was what inspired me to start posting !! I like my turn signals and engine bay better, and I am WAAAAAy far from done ^^

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
OMG lol, the $72000 thread was what inspired me to start posting !! I like my turn signals and engine bay better, and I am WAAAAAy far from done ^^

Didnt anyone tell you? You will never be done. I just found out also ;D Your rig looks great man!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
very nice, good looking rig to begin with but like it even better now.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
AWESOME!!

Can you tell me what you did with the dynamat? Where'd you put it? Any carpet over it? How do you like it in terms of sound level inside the cab?

I'm getting ready to do something similar - any best practices would be appreciated. ;)

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
AWESOME!!

Can you tell me what you did with the dynamat? Where'd you put it? Any carpet over it? How do you like it in terms of sound level inside the cab?

I'm getting ready to do something similar - any best practices would be appreciated. ;)

Heya Heus, I purchased several dynamat "trunk kits" off of eBay, at the time I could get more coverage for the $$ from those kits. I always look at the square footage covered because sometimes you pay a premium for the convenience of the kit. the sound level is WAY quiet.. so far.. I need to do the carpet, but My rig is now more quiet without carpet than it was before WITH carpet. I will post a picture to show what I did. I had to replace the floorpans in the front because the prior top leaked down to them and rusted them pretty bad. I used magnetpaints chassis saver paint on both sides of the repair pans, and welded them in, then topped off with dynamat. One big suggetion I have is (since this stuff is so darn sticky like tar) is to put some short studs or bolts in the holes for your seats and seatbelt mounts because finding the holes after matting is way more difficult than it would seem :) As far as the quiet goes I addressed many of the "rattles" by installing the rubber tailgate mount stopper thingys instead of metal on metal in the cups. I also put dynamat piece (18" x 12") inside the doors against the outer surface, then coated the backside of the stainless door panels with dynamat as well. When my doors shut it sounds like a new ride no rattles at all. I will also swap to cables instead of the rattle bracket tailgate "holder uppers". I also went as far as to use rubber washers on the dash mounting screws and rubber washers between all the stainless fasteners for the top. As you can see, I want a quiet ride, plus I plan on a MAJOR sound system.. I was a stereo installer when I was in high school (the 80's) so i have all kinds of kool LED and JL audio ideas floating around in my head ^^. I will post more pictures today of some of the aforementioned stuff.. enjoy, and thanks guys for all the positive feedback on my rig. Sometimes when it takes this long, and money is tight, the feedback is enough of a boost to keep you on track and motivated !

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
More pictures as promised

Well here is a picture of the mat installed, I haven't done the passenger floor yet because I still need to seam seal it before doing that, and the welded in pan covered the seat mounts.. so I have to re-drill from the bottom before proceding ^^. I left the tailgate un-matted because I have a new spray-in bedliner setup and I am tossing the idea around of bed linering the tailgate and underneath the headliner of the top. Please ignore the old parchment seat, I had to mount it because the Tuff Dawg 331 stroker has so much torque that the manual/drum brakes require me to be planted in a seat, or it won't stop hehe.

dynamat.jpg

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Duff twin sticks with JB knobs ^^

I ordered the Duff twin sticks and installed them , but the wooden knobs didn't fit the direction of my build, so I opted for the JB custom billet knobs with a little personal modification for fit of course ;D . I was gonna put the wooden knobs in my wifes Xterra, but they got destroyed in the "brainstorming customization process"

twinstick.jpg

OP
OP
Sylar

Sylar

Loc.
Cleveland, TX
Column and Dash pictures

Here are a couple of column and dash shots, I really like the Flaming River column, but I did have to retap the hole for the tilt lever, the lever wouldn't screw in properly and I didn't want to uninstall and send it all back >< . I love the feel of the steering wheel it feels like a modern vehicle for sure. I installed the tuffy glove box after painting it to match the dash. I am really going for a smooth clean look, so I will put way fewer knobs on the dash. Some of them will be relocated to the console. Plus the new glove box gives me the option for a roll cage :cool:

dash.jpg

column.jpg