• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP - BC hard fuel line install (23 ga tank / non-efi)

Millercorey

Trying to install the bc broncos fuel lines from their 23ga tank to my original carbed 302. I think I’m an idiot and this is basically impossible to install with the transfer case, tranny, brake junction block, etc already installed. Is there a trick to this or is this supposed to be something you install earlier in a build????

Side question, I’ve got the duff flow master dual exhaust kit already installed and it’s pretty dang close to where the lines run. Is this okay or are you forced to run them on top or outside of the frame anytime you go dual exhaust.

I’m very close to scrapping this and running soft lines to save me the heartache.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, normally you run the exhaust in such a way as to clear the existing wires, and fuel and brake lines. Not normally the other way around.
And the BC lines should at least be close to, if not mimicking the factory locations exactly anyway. So should not be any better or worse than if you were running stock lines.
Is this the setup with a return line too?

And I think quite a few have done it fully assembled too, but I'm sure it's a TON easier when it's done while the frame is bare.
Are you sure the bends are correct yet? I know there is a big possibility of needing to slightly tweak the front end of the lines to clear all the junk in front of the transfer case area, but maybe there are some other slight variations not only of your Bronco, but the line kit itself just from the shipping.
Most have had to slightly bend the end that attaches the soft line to the fuel pump, but typically not much.

Sounds like your exhaust is giving you the most headaches. Surprised they made it to fit so close to the frame, but maybe they didn't and you can give yours some adjustments to move it away and give you more room to work?
You're absolutely right that you don't want the hot exhaust running close to the fuel lines anywhere if you can help it. Even though the exhaust isn't near as hot back there as it is up near the engine, it's still plenty hot to add more heat to the fuel than would be good.

Good luck. Hopefully someone who's done it recently has some tips and tricks. You might even contact Duff's (or Monster Mike or any other Duff people here) to ask if there are any install tweaks you can do even though their system is installed already.
Worth a call at this point anyway. If only to occupy your mind and keep you from pulling any more hair out for now!

Got any pics of what you're dealing with by the way?

Good luck.

Paul

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I have duals on my 77 and I had to run the fuel line on tp of the frame. I did it before the body was put on so that made it really easy and it is away from the exhaust.... I just made my own using aluminum tubing I bought at summit.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 2 inch BL, and running the lines on top of the frame, and yes, think it would be darn near impossible with stock height and d20 in the way.