• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help broken locker

kenhoop

I recently traded a 5.0 mustang for a 92 bronco w/140,000miles on it w/351motor. I took it for a test run n drove n2 a big hole that appeared to b just a wet spot. The front right tire hit hard! He had autolocking hubs, and the cover with the 5bolts broke and my axle came out of my right front wheel! Made it home and started tearing it down. What caused this? I bought some new warn manual locking hubs and new spindle locknut, but the threads are all smashed and I can't get the new spindle nut to start. Any pointers? Y would my threads be damaged? Has anyone ever had there front axle do that? Also how can I check the condition of the drivetrain so I know what needs to b rebuilt or repaired?

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
You might have to get a new spindle, they are pretty cheap and easy(5 bolts) as to why it happend it might have been loose to begin with, Im sure if it could be broken one of us has broke it and will chime in.