• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help!! C4 / DANA 20 adapter question??

andres

help!! C4 / DANA 20 adapter question??
I know it's hard to say but how much should I pay for a C4 to DANA 20 adapter (USED)
I need some of these adapters for projects here in Colombia
PS: If you have one I need it ;)
thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
There are 4 key pieces needed to adapt a C4 to a Ford D20, a 12" 28 spline transmission output shaft, auto spud shaft, bearing retainer and adapter housing.

I think some of the vendors still sell an Advance Adapter kit that contain all these parts. I think it was around $400. Used parts should be quite a bit less.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
my brother has a new one never been installed for sale factory ford stamping. not sure how much he wants for it though.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
The C4 output shaft can sometimes be found for around $100 the adapter housing I would say usually goes for $200+ so in the end you may be better off getting the $400 adapter kit so you get most everything you need. The auto spud shaft is not required to convert to auto but you have to check fitment as you may need to shorten the manual spud shaft slightly. The kits sold dont include auto spud shafts.

Your other option is to find people selling complete setups and get them to send you the parts you need ie outputshaft, adapter housing, bronco transmission pan. Of course that may be a little hard to get people to do but you may get a good deal.

OP
OP
A

andres

ok thanks :) I still looking for some adapters that I can buy and bring to Colombia