• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help educate me on driveshaft mounted e-brakes

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Skuzzlebutt said:
Is there a body lift needed here? I know space is pretty tight between the top of the case & the floor.

Well...I am probably not the right person to ask because I made my own custom t-case crossmember for my 203/205 and moved it up so nothing hangs down below the frame rails. So I don't know where mine is in relation to a stock height set up. I am running a 2 inch body lift and I have about 1 inch between the top of the disk and the body.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Heinz_67 said:
Does that include both the t-case flange and the driveshaft flange? If so, that is one heck of a price.

When I bought the e-brake set up I was already running Jesse's 1350 driveline, so the kit was all that I needed.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Here are a few links I saved for building my own.

Cheap handle
http://www.galleria-e.com/cgi-bin/Colemans.storefront/en/product/217601
Then buy the caliper and replacement rotor from here
http://www.tperformance.com/street_rod_store/emergency_brakes/

Then I was going to weld the Rotor to my yoke, or redrill the holes on that rotor to fit the bolt holes on the yoke (what ever is closer).
Put it on a lathe to make sure the rotor spins ture, make a bracket to hold the caliper and your done.

I never did this, I have a High angle shaft now, but I just lost interest in it.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
I seen a home made set-up on a truck in Tellico and spoke to the guy about it. He took the front rotor and caliper off a 650 knight Hawk and used a WillWood master cylinder. An E-brake handle was used from a junk yard Mustang II. It seemed to work really well and the cost was pretty cheap. He bored the rotor to fit over the output yoke and welded it on. Made a bracket from some 2" angle for the caliper that bolted to the transfer case and poof...e-brake!

Not real sure how much holding power this set-up would actually have but it was holding a full size Chevy truck on lower 2...smoked clutch.