• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY Help Heus33 find a daily driver Bronco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
In search of a restored daily driver Bronco. I live in Buffalo, NY so it must be as "rust proof" as possible - Fiberglass body would be best but I might be willing to consider a steel one if its been line-xd.

My price range is negotiable based on what is available. I need a turn key Bronco, not a project (don't have the time to build one). I've just sold my previous Bronco and will be selling my current daily driver (Nissan Xterra) to replace it with this.

Ideally looking for a restomod that was completed and is now ready for its new owner. Not looking to have someone build one for me (can't afford it).

Here's a quick list of some of the attributes I'm looking for:

Frame-off restomod with no "issues" - must be reliable, dependable, jump-in-and-go kind of vehicle - no projects!
Fiberglass Body - or maybe steel if its been "rust proofed" fully line-x'd undercarriage
Rebuilt, low milage motor - EFI preferred however carb'd motor might be okay - I'm looking for something tame - shooting for ~15mpg with a light foot.
C4 or other automatic (no manual transmissions)
Full Hard Top, full doors
New wiring harness
Nice paint
Mild suspension lift (2-3"), street friendly shocks, coils, spings - nothing too wild in terms of tire size (probably around 33")
Power steering, Power Brakes (front discs)
Complete interior with all new weather-stripping (the truck will be used in the rain and snow so must be fully sealed)

A few other things that would be nice but not "required"
Decent Stereo
A/C
Full cage
Large capacity gas tank
Other modern "upgrades" would be great

I'm open to most colors but would prefer something rugged like a dark green or a dark blue.

Let me know what you have - not in any rush to purchase, willing to wait to find the right deal.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you forgot "ultra cheap".....try looking on Fantasy Island ;D

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
you forgot "ultra cheap".....try looking on Fantasy Island ;D

Hey I'll pay for quality (as long as its within my budget).

Would make the deal a lot sweeter for me if the seller wanted to take my 04 Xterra as a partial trade plus cash.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The hunt is on brother! Good luck. We'll find you something!

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Tom, change out the tranny.. I am in for a swap party....

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Tom, change out the tranny.. I am in for a swap party....

I promised the wife I'd buy one that wasn't a project. Really need to find a complete turn key truck that meets most of my criteria.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I know what you mean. I am building mine with the wife's wants in mind as well..good luck

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Dang it, missing a couple things on this one

http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/cto/2004213302.html

Need an auto :(

I've got a fairly sizable budget here - looking for a rig thats gone through a frame off restoration (likely with over $30k spent), now priced in the $15-20k range.

My "ideal" Bronco would look a lot like 70EB's rig but all fiberglass. To give you guys an idea of what I'm shooting for.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru

anmpharm

I have talked to the guy and he has many pictures to send... I had a few of the guys on the forum look at the truck and it looks legit..

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Uhhh, Herman, I think you did get a turnkey Bronco but you got big eyed dancy pants once you drove it met a few of the CB crew, dropped by Duffs and road tripped while having a bonding experience with said Bronco. Now you have an Uber Bronco that we are all admiring and watching the MORPH. Happens to the best of us. Tom is next, can't wait to see what he finds and where it goes from there.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Uhhh, Herman, I think you did get a turnkey Bronco but you got big eyed dancy pants once you drove it met a few of the CB crew, dropped by Duffs and road tripped while having a bonding experience with said Bronco. Now you have an Uber Bronco that we are all admiring and watching the MORPH. Happens to the best of us. Tom is next, can't wait to see what he finds and where it goes from there.

Wade what exactly is "big eyed dancy pants"???? ;D:-X;D

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Big eyed dancy pants is what happens when a new Bronco owner discovers that brave new world waiting for him and has a hard time controlling his emotions, when faced with the initial drive in his new Bronco and all of the attention he receives from other drivers a feeling of extreme happiness comes over him resulting in dancy pants(literally dancing in your pants while driving), topping this first drive off with a visit to a Bronco Toy store such as Duffs brings on the Big Eyed effect (holy crap look at all the goodies I can buy for my new ride). Thus my phrase "Big Eyed Dancy Pants" I've heard of it before but never a firsthand encounter, I was happy to have caught this phenom somewhat in person on the pages of CB Live. The event usually ends up with said new owner naming his Bronco ;D as in Gumby or in my case a few years ago Ghostrider :cool:.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Great explanation Wade! Gettin my danin pants ready as we speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.